Transitioners, I need help!!!!!

la flaca

Share with me your secrets :grin:

I'd like to have and easy everyday hair style, I usually do the old same bun which I really like except for my NG which is not helping, I look like I just don't care anymore:perplexed.

Wash 'n go right now is not an option 'cause my hair looks awful as soon as the water evaporates.

I have no problem with my hair as long as I do a roller set, but as soon as my hair gets wet........ I feel hopeless:nono:.

I know my hair is only 6 month since last relaxer and I also know that I need to be patient, but until then please help me to look decent.

Thanks in advance:yep:

Share with me your secrets :grin:

I'd like to have and easy everyday hair style, I usually do the old same bun which I really like except for my NG which is not helping, I look like I just don't care anymore:perplexed.

Wash 'n go right now is not an option 'cause my hair looks awful as soon as the water evaporates.

I have no problem with my hair as long as I do a roller set, but as soon as my hair gets wet........ I feel hopeless:nono:.

I know my hair is only 6 month since last relaxer and I also know that I need to be patient, but until then please help me to look decent.

Thanks in advance:yep:
Well, I don't have any secrets, but I'd be happy to share with you the things that have been working for my transitioning.

IMO, it's all about being creative AND finding out what works for your hair. I wear my hair in a ponytail, half up and half down, bun, French twist, straight with a flat iron, or a roller set. I've also tried braid outs.

Lately, I've been rinsing my hair (daily) with conditioner, and then styling my hair in a ponytail (love the waves). I make sure my hair is well moisturized (everyday) since I'm transitioning.

How much new growth do you have, and how much relaxed hair do you have? Maybe knowing this will help others chime in with some answers.

LaFlaca...when I was transisitioning...I did alot of bunning and rollersets. I left the curls from my rollersets instead of combing them out and that was nice because it gave me style without worrying so much.

I know it can be frustrating...but, hang in there. I transisitoned for 10 months before I did the BC, so I do understand. Allandra gave some really great tips for you too!

LaFlaca...when I was transisitioning...I did alot of bunning and rollersets. I left the curls from my rollersets instead of combing them out and that was nice because it gave me style without worrying so much.

I know it can be frustrating...but, hang in there. I transisitoned for 10 months before I did the BC, so I do understand. Allandra gave some really great tips for you too!

Thanks N&W! I'm jsut a little concerned about my natural 'cause I don't want to have to do a lot of stuff in the morning or at night just to look ok to work. :ohwell:

Last edited:
Thanks N&W! I'm jsut a little concerned about my natural 'cause I don't want to have to do a lot of stuff in the morning or at night just to look ok to work. :ohwell:

I totally understand. You just have to smooth down those roots and use a scarf to get it really smooth and then style the length in a nice updo or do some twists and then have a few hanging down in the front and do an upsweep with them in the back. This is where creativity kicks in.

I remember the pics you use to have up and one of them was a french braid...girl, that was such a pretty braid...you can try that as well.

Don't get discouraged....it's going to work out fine.:yep:

when i did bantu knots on my wet hair, the two textures blended very well. the look would last about 4 days and i got lots of compliments. (i also was a fan of twistouts and braidouts.) then i would flat iron and bun that, and get lots of hair accessories.

I totally understand. You just have to smooth down those roots and use a scarf to get it really smooth and then style the length in a nice updo or do some twists and then have a few hanging down in the front and do an upsweep with them in the back. This is where creativity kicks in.

I remember the pics you use to have up and one of them was a french braid...girl, that was such a pretty braid...you can try that as well.

Definitely a must.

Thanks again N&W, I'll try the scarf method tonight.

Sounds like mine. Have you tried any of the suggestions I typed in my other post (above)?
IMO, it's all about being creative AND finding out what works for your hair. I wear my hair in a ponytail, half up and half down, bun, French twist, straight with a flat iron, or a roller set. I've also tried braid outs.

I usually do a roller set or a french twist. Braidouts take so long to dry and if I undo it before is dry, trust is just a mess. I gues a bun is the simplest thing for me right now.

when i did bantu knots on my wet hair, the two textures blended very well. the look would last about 4 days and i got lots of compliments. (i also was a fan of twistouts and braidouts.) then i would flat iron and bun that, and get lots of hair accessories.

Hair accesories is a good idea! thanks lilsparkle:yep:

Back