Transitioners: Hair straight with blowdryer only

LadyCapri

I have been transitioning for the past 13 weeks. Everything has been fine so far. Thank God for that!
clap.gif
I have been CWing and airdrying every other day along with bunning/french twisting my hair as a style.

This morning I decided to poo, cond and blowdry using a comb attachment. To my shock and amazement, my new growth got silky straight!
shocked.gif
I mean the type of straight that you get from a relaxer: bouncy, shiny and smooth. And it did not take long to blowdry my hair either. A total of 10 mins.
smile.gif
The only product that I used prior to blowdrying was Lacio Lacio.

Has anyone else received great results from blowdrying while transitioning?

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else received great results from blowdrying while transitioning?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow..........I know I haven't. Good job!
smile.gif

ETA: I have gotten my newgrowth straight when a hair-dresser blow-dried and flat-ironed my hair. I could never do this myself.
ohwell.gif
Congrats again though!

I'm not transitioning anymore but when I was I could blow dry straight. Shoot I still can blowdry straight as a natural as long as I'm not doing it by myself (I have too much hair).

That's wonderful!

It's funny because I did the exact same thing to my daughter's hair this weekend. She has about 3 inches of newgrowth. She wanted it straight so I was in th process of blowdrying so I could press it and the blowdryer did the job alone. Go figure!!

[ QUOTE ]
ReaLuvsAOxymoron said:
I'm not transitioning anymore but when I was I could blow dry straight. Shoot I still can blowdry straight as a natural as long as I'm not doing it by myself (I have too much hair).

[/ QUOTE ]

I am looking forward to being 100% natural.
smile.gif
How long have you been natural ReaLuvsAOxymoron?

I am glad that you had success w/ the blowdryer on your daughter. I find that when we do less w/ hair the better it comes out.

[ QUOTE ]
LadyCapri said:
I am glad that you had success w/ the blowdryer on your daughter. I find that when we do less w/ hair the better it comes out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks!
smile.gif

Cool! I'm almost 8 weeks without a relaxer and haven't tried a blowdryer on my newgrowth. I plan on not using any heat during my transition.

LadyCapri, do you have any pics of your hair???????

[ QUOTE ]
LadyCapri said:
[ QUOTE ]
ReaLuvsAOxymoron said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I am looking forward to being 100% natural.
smile.gif
How long have you been natural ReaLuvsAOxymoron?

[/ QUOTE ]

On and off for years. My hair doesn't perm well so it's really no point. My curl pattern is set and it doesn't want to budge, lol!

I did not take pix. I really did not expect for it to come out so great. Also, my mother has my camera and I have to get it back from her after she is done. I will post pix in the near future.
smile.gif

I haven't tried blow drying on my own recently. I know it can get completely straight. When I was natural before, my hair would get straight after blow drying and it looked like I had a relaxer once my hair was curled or flat ironed. It took longer than 10 minutes, though.

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
Cool! I'm almost 8 weeks without a relaxer and haven't tried a blowdryer on my newgrowth. I plan on not using any heat during my transition.

LadyCapri, do you have any pics of your hair???????

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey pooh! Glad to "see" you again...any updates? Hair twin
smile.gif

Re: Transitioners: Hair straight with blowdryer on

I do this weekly
smile.gif
I used to airdry all the time (I was on a no heat challenge for a year) but I find that my hair is easier to deal with when I blowdry the roots. I don't really wear my hair out so I don't flat iron or curl it afterwards, but the roots do get really straight.
I have a ton of newgrowth so it takes me forever because I have to do such small sections. But once it's done I'm good for the week
smile.gif

Re: Transitioners: Hair straight with blowdryer on

I never really blowdried transitioning but I used to rollerset and my hair came out pretty straight. But I still had relaxed ends.

Once I did the BC, the rollersetting thing went out the door because my roots would be straight but the ends would get dry and fuzzy.

[ QUOTE ]
Tonya said:
Hey pooh! Glad to "see" you again...any updates? Hair twin
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just updated my album today!
smile.gif

I haven't used any heat on my hair in months. I'm tired of wearing my hair in a ponytail every day, so I might try the blow drying thing one day.

I will not be using heat for another year. Heat will not help me during my transitioning stage. Will result from breakage.

Back