Transitioner...with all these bcers how do fight the urge??

Does your friend have longer hair? If so, she may not want any (perceived) competition.
If her hair is shorter, she may not want you to have long hair. People can be funny like that :(

^^^ Maybe they don't want to be 'short haired' alone lol . I'm glad I'm not easily swayed.
lol.....

i remember a year ago you talked about maybe transitioning. congrats
icon12.gif

No ma'am no urge here. I'm only 7 months and my hair right now is grazing MBL and I don't want short hair AT ALL. I love my long hair and have no plans to BC anytime soon.

The funny thing is that I only look at naturals who are at SL or below, so I know that BCing is not happening lol

Mariposa you are one of my hair idols and I'm glad to be making this journey with you. Care to share your regie?

they used to give me that urge, but as time went on i knew that i didnt want to go through wanting to do more styles again and/or having a twa. Im letting my hair grow, and in the meantime treating my ng well and babying my ends. i also know what length i would like my shrunken hair, as well as my stretched hair.

No ma'am no urge here. I'm only 7 months and my hair right now is grazing MBL and I don't want short hair AT ALL. I love my long hair and have no plans to BC anytime soon.

The funny thing is that I only look at naturals who are at SL or below, so I know that BCing is not happening lol

Mariposa you are one of my hair idols and I'm glad to be making this journey with you. Care to share your regie?[

Aww thanks! Yes I can:

I shampoo and deep condition once a week. Proceed to ponytail roller set. Flat iron the roots.( when I wash I section my hair into 6 sometimes 8 sections. I co wash maybe twice a week with a cheap con free conditioner. Then I wet bun until I'm ready to wear my hair down. Then I start over again. Here is a thread I responded to. It's has my routine and reggie:http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=438408&highlight=ask+lady&page=3 . It's the Ask a WL and Beyond Lay thread. I'm mostly on page 3.

Yes thats tru..She did bc at a couple of months..Rapunzel what length do you wanna be natural....

i want to be in between apl and bsl. that way i wont have so much shrinkage. im excited but at the same time im not gonna bc tomorrow. i would love to bc Dec 24,2010 if my natural hair gets to the length i desire

what about you AQ456?

The thought of me with short hair keeps me happy with transitioning. I can't do short hair again. I don't know how I made it last time.

I am 12 weeks post.

My original goal is to stretch to 16 weeks, but since I'm managing so well I just kinda want to see how long I can hold out. I get mixed emotions. I notice that the longer I stretch the more diligent I have to be with keeping the new growth moist so I don't get breakage. But I just love the way my new growth looks and feels...:yawn:

Are you transitioning to natural? It's not the same as stretching relaxers.

Looking back now, as a person who transitioned and then BC'd. My plans to transition for a year were somewhat of a joke, a tease rather--a false sense of control.

I say this because the BC isn't something you truly plan but rather something that chooses its own time and place in your life.

Enjoy the protection your natural hair is getting with the relaxed ends taking whatever damage there may be. And rather than feeling pulled to BC because of all the lush natural hair on this board and IRL, just take it one week at a time and trust me, that BC will let you know when its ready, if you think you're the one planning its arrival, think again. You may dive in way too soon and miss the total BC experience..

That's JMHO though. :) hang in there :yep:

It's definitely tempting to take the leap too soon, but just decide whether you want your BC to be meaningful or not...or you'll find yourself at an unexpected 2nd or maybe 3rd BC :giggle:. Some people just know early and others don't get the feeling for quite some time. No secret formula to knowing when is the "best" time.

I don't have the urge because I don't want short hair, lol. What works for others doesn't always work for me. I do like witnessing the processing of it all, though. I'm in for the long haul!

I agree, I don't want short hair right now. Also because I made the decision almost a year ago to transition I am going to stick with it. I have come this far. (this is what I say when I see all the lovely relaxed heads!)

I just think about how long it took me to get my hair to shoulder length... There's no turning back lol I'll stick to small trims along the way.

Looking back now, as a person who transitioned and then BC'd. My plans to transition for a year were somewhat of a joke, a tease rather--a false sense of control.

I say this because the BC isn't something you truly plan but rather something that chooses its own time and place in your life.

Enjoy the protection your natural hair is getting with the relaxed ends taking whatever damage there may be. And rather than feeling pulled to BC because of all the lush natural hair on this board and IRL, just take it one week at a time and trust me, that BC will let you know when its ready, if you think you're the one planning its arrival, think again. You may dive in way too soon and miss the total BC experience..

That's JMHO though. :) hang in there :yep:

It's definitely tempting to take the leap too soon, but just decide whether you want your BC to be meaningful or not...or you'll find yourself at an unexpected 2nd or maybe 3rd BC :giggle:. Some people just know early and others don't get the feeling for quite some time. No secret formula to knowing when is the "best" time.

I have to respectfully disagree lol There will be no spur of the moment BCs for me. My hair does not control me and my BC will definitely be planned IF I ever BC:yep:

I think it comes down to your reasons of why you want to be natural and your hair goals. If your desire to become natural is stronger than a length goal, then you don't have to worry about fighting temptation. I have no strong desire to be natural because I was natural for 17 years. I'm in no rush I just have length goals.:grin:

I knew that I would never BC because I was obsessed with retaining as much of my length as possible...

Back