Transition Q: too damaged to transition?

nomadpixi

Hey ladies,
I'm 6 months into a transition and I am NOT pleased with what my hair looks like. I was transitioning so I could retain my ends but at what point do you just do a big chop because it's not worth it? My ends are SO thin. Help!!!

That's why I ended my planned 12 month transition 4 months in. My ends were pathetic. You've made it pretty far though. Maybe there's a way you can salvage the ends. I know I didn't make it through, but the advice I got from most was moisture moisture moisture. The line of demarcation is supposed to be super fragile, so PS and moisturize! HTH! Good luck!

Why don't you trim your edges and then keep transitioning? Tell us your regimen. Maybe we can help. BC if you want, but from your pic, your hair doesn't look too damaged to transition. So, you know, all my previous transitions were 4 months or less. If you want to just BC, then we got your back!:lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. I'm too embarrassed to post a picture :-(
The ends I'm so intent on keeping are APL, but my bun is just pathetic. I think I'm going to have to clip to at least shoulder length to get any thickness back to my hair, but this is why I'm transitioning anyway. I may just do some mini chops so I can mitigate the shock: I'm a belly dancer and no hair it just "not the move". I can do wigs, but natural hair just feels easier to dance in. I have been attempting to use protein, but lately I've been doing henna for strength. It might be too late though.

Back