transition help/support

nychaelasymone

Hi ladies,

I decided to transition to natural hair. I still have some relaxer in my hair and have been washing and conditioning w/ the ovation line and then a deep condition w/
moisture.jpg
. I air dry w/ my ionic hair dryer (I do not use a comb, just blow warm air through my hair) and flat iron w/ my chi. My problem is that my hair is breaking! I realize this could happen due to having 2 textures but seriously once I flat iron, my hair is all 'one' uniformed texture....so I wonder....am I using too much protein? Any suggestions. I have 4b fine hair.

it could be the flat-ironing. if done improperly..it can promote breakage.

or how about really AIR-DRYING: leave out the dryer and try to dry it overnight. if the dryer is a must, does it have a cool setting?

and make sure to balance out the usage of protein and moisture. you may not need the protein that much. maybe once a month or even every 2 months or so

it could be the flat-ironing. if done improperly..it can promote breakage.

or how about really AIR-DRYING: leave out the dryer and try to dry it overnight. if the dryer is a must, does it have a cool setting?

and make sure to balance out the usage of protein and moisture. you may not need the protein that much. maybe once a month or even every 2 months or so

thanks for this info. I flat iron on a low setting so I don't think it's the chi but I will try it at a much lower setting and see. Now, I need to find a good moisturizer.

Back