Transistioning without chopping

jyonce

Hi everyone!
I'm so happy to be here! I have been lurking for a LONG time now, and I finally took the plunge! This site is incredible, and I would like to thank all of you! My hair is just now grazing my shoulders...the longest its ever been! I love that I can just pop on this site and find whatever I need to have long, beautiful, healthy hair! And to think that I once hated my hair?! I just didn't know how to take care of it, as I'm sure many of you can relate to. Anyways, my question is, can I transistion without chopping off my relaxed ends? I haven't had a touch up for probably about four months...so far, so good...but I don't know if it will get to a point where it's out of control. Right now I'm wearing it curly and loving it. Will I be able to wear it straight using a ceramic iron without too much trouble? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks! /images/graemlins/newbie.gif

Make certain that your hair is well moisturized when you do that. The point where the 2 textures meet is fragile. I had a lot of breakage earlier this year from too much heat.

Thank you! I don't plan on using heat often. I guess from what I've been reading, moisturizing is the most important piece of transistioning.

I'm transitioning without chopping as well! Check out hairlove's album! She transitioned successfully without doing the big chop! A great inspiration! Good luck!

I'm transitioning without the BC anytime soon. I'm on month 5 and it will be another 13-19 months before I consider cutting off my texturized ends. I'm on a no heat & bun challenge so doing my hair has been pretty easy. The only times I use heat will be when I'm getting a Dominican blow out and I only do those rarely.

Back