Transistioners!!!-What do you do on special occasions?

ingenious_mind

Hello ladies :drunk:
I'm having a party for my birthday next week and I need a cute style. I pretty much do braidouts/buns all the time and need something new. I'm not really into braids, weaves or wigs....but pretty open minded other than that. I'm thinking of doing something fun with curls but I need some ideas/inspiration. All ideas are welcome and if you have any pics that would be great! Also ladies in the nyc area if you could recommend any salons that do transitioning/natural hair, I would appreciate it. Thanks for reading!

Good thread!! I am stretching ...but I think I may be going to a concert soon. I need a nice hairstyle I can rock when I am 30 weeks into my stretch.

For my summer events I have done the Curly Nikki twist-n-curl... I think the website is curlynikki.com. My hair is about collar bone or more w/ 13 months of new growth. The relaxed ends help the curls seem really polished and the NG gives the hair some volume.

HTH

Last edited:
Easy way: My braidouts or twistouts always work... I try to style them nicely (instead of headband/scarf as shown in siggy).

More time consuming way: Curly rollerset with pink and/or red rollers.

I'm going to flat iron and roller set for my convention in September and friend's wedding in October! Until then, I'll just wash and bun!:lachen: It's simple and effective.:yep:

Blow dry and flat iron... I know its bad. But I'm doing the BKT so I have that extra protection on it... Also, braidouts are nice.

I think you can never go wrong with a twist out. I've gotten so many compliments on my twist outs and this has been when I was 6 months post (previous stretch).

Back