Tranisitioning Troubles: ugh! I am thinking of starting over... again

smwrigh3

Ok ladies so I call myself trying to transition to texlax and my hair is a mess... my last texlax was in march and before that was December I was going to do it again n August but I am thinking of doing a corrective in august and just go back to straight hair and start over...

The break is unbelievable. no matter how much conditioner or detangling spray I use.. nothing. works it knot up and its a disaster! :nono::nono:

The center is the worse its matted and all kinds of crazy things going on in there.

i just don't know what to di at this point. I am getting braids when I study abroad in Tanzania in a month but afterwards I am @ a lost!

Tranisitioners past and present I need your help!

You can do it!
I self-relaxed in march (underprocessed) before that it was in december ( underprocessed).

ever tried these?:

silicon mix
ors replenishing pak
tresemme moisturising condotioner + water+honey
porosity control conditionner

I leave them much longer than usual when i feel my hair is kinda dry or when i suspect i might have trouble detangling. Saran wrap and walk around the house.
those products give me lots of slip. silicon mix can leave a coat on the hair and i don't know if you would like it but I don't mind.
Don't give up!!!

hope it helped.

Last edited:
How are you detangling?

I am texlaxed with relaxed ends (80%). Usually, I have to gently and carefully detangle on dry hair with fingers first, then a wide tooth detagling comb.

If I try to wash, cowash, or deep condition on hair that is not slightly detangled beforehand, it becomes a HOT MESS with most conditioners!!!

CON Shampoo, Silicon Mix and some others detangle on the spot though!

DO NOT GIVE UP GIRL!!!

Three years ago, I transitioned from relaxed-straight to texlaxed, and I love it! I usually touchup every 3 months.

To manage texlaxed hair, for me, technique is much more important than products used. On co-wash day, which is once per week, I carefully detangle dry hair with my fingers, from tip to root, removing shed hair as I go along. This is a very important step to prevent breakage, tangling and matting.

Then, I apply conditioner to my hair (any cheapie that I have on hand will do) and proceed with my wash and rinse, keeping hair going straight down my back with minimal manipulation.

Lastly, I detangle with a shower comb and either rollerset or put in twists for a twistout; I don't use direct heat. I moisturize my ends nightly and, other than that, I basically leave my hair alone until next washday.

This technique has really helped me retain length. HTH.

Properly detangle your hair using first a wide tooth comb and then a smaller tooth comb and/or detangling brush.

Use a silicon/serum. Apply it after you add your leave-in.

Use more oils on wet and dry hair. On wet hair, apply oil after your leave-in but before the serum. I hope this helps. It has worked for me.

I've been having the same problem because my hair is now so many different textures from not relaxing bone straight anymore. I blamed the tangles on the wet bun, but I had a butt load of tangles this weekend rollersetting only 8 wks post. I have 4wks to go, so I've been wondering myself if I should relax bone straight instead of this underprocessed mess.

Three years ago, I transitioned from relaxed-straight to texlaxed, and I love it! I usually touchup every 3 months.

To manage texlaxed hair, for me, technique is much more important than products used. On co-wash day, which is once per week, I carefully detangle dry hair with my fingers, from tip to root, removing shed hair as I go along. This is a very important step to prevent breakage, tangling and matting.

Then, I apply conditioner to my hair (any cheapie that I have on hand will do) and proceed with my wash and rinse, keeping hair going straight down my back with minimal manipulation.

Lastly, I detangle with a shower comb and either rollerset or put in twists for a twistout; I don't use direct heat. I moisturize my ends nightly and, other than that, I basically leave my hair alone until next washday.

This technique has really helped me retain length. HTH.

This is good advice!

Thanks! I am going to keep @ it and try the tip you all gave... I will try for a couple months and then up date!

Back