Tramatized!

queenofmean68

Well, as most of you know, I've had MAJOR breakage and tried everything to stop it. So, I QUIT! Quit trying to hang on to scraggly ends! Quit believing that I can stretch out my relaxer like everyone else on this board can! Quit thinking that I can go without trimming my ends regularly! Quit buying the products that everyone else is using! I QUIT!

So, I got my hair cut today. It is in layers, which is something I have never had before. It's cute but so different for me because my hair has always been 1 length. I lost a lot of length, but gained healthier looking locks since I cut most of the damage out of it. I will maintain my status quo of getting my ends trimmed EVERY 6 WEEKS, because even though I get it trimmed often IT STILL GROWS AND STAYS IN BETTER SHAPE BECAUSE THE ENDS ARE NOT SPLITTING UP THE SHAFT, contrary to what other folks have said. Why have long hair when the ends are thin and scraggly? It still looks ugly! No disrespect ladies, but that
"hair tip/technique" does NOT work in my "hair world." I am NOT spending another dime on stuff! I just threw away a jar of LUST, 2 bottles of Surge, Aphogee protein treatment, Biosilk serum/polish and returned those dayum Caruso rollers! From now on I will use what I know is best for my hair.
So, I guess I will have to start all over again. So today March 5, 2004 is the new begining of reaching my hair goals.

It sounds like a success story to me in disguise. Granted you aren't doing what everyone else is but you have found what works best for YOU and that's a success in and of itself!
weird.gif

Personally, I prefer layers any day over all my hair being one length (to me that seems kinda boring but then again I've NEVER had my hair all one length so I can't really formulate an opinion).

Now about those products you tossed!.....

I'm experiencing major breakage right now due to my hair being different textures, so I've also decided to trim a couple of inches off during my next touch up. I want my hair to be healthy looking, not just long.

Your not alone, I get my ends trimmed regularly also, just a bit, and I like how my hair behaves with this method. I also don't stretch my relaxers past 8 weeks unless my hair is braided which is rare.

Good luck on your hair journey.

Right on!!!
I ve learned a lot from this board but certain things just dont work for me.

The things that dont work for me include:
BUNS
SURGE 14
Braid outs (due to the fact that I cant braid!!!)
Caruso Rollers
conditioning washes
LUST
Most Nexxus products except Emergencee
Mango Butter
air drying
Scraggly uneven, thin ends!!<---not cute
grin.gif

Things that do work for me:
Rollerset/ wrap
EFAs
deep conditioners
staying away from heat
hooded dryers
TRIMS <--bestfriend

Somethings just dont work for others. YOu have to follow your own path. What works for others dont alkways work for you. Im proud of you GIRL!

im bout to kick you for not sending me those products
whip.gif

why cant people stop wasting their money by throwing stuff away
whyme.gif
NOTICE TO ALL MEMBERS: if u hate a product, give it to me... The United Negro Anky Hair Fund.
laugh.gif

Let's see pics of your "new hair" ! Congrats on having the courage to start fresh I've had to do that twice in my life with my hair due to breakage!

I had to learned what works for some does not works for others as well this lession can be expensive.
I no longer purchase every product raved about anymore.

Well, I've been taking pics to track my so-called progress. I guess I should toss them now. If they don't look too bad I will post them........sometime soon.

[ QUOTE ]
LaNecia said:
It sounds like a success story to me in disguise. Granted you aren't doing what everyone else is but you have found what works best for YOU and that's a success in and of itself!
weird.gif

Now about those products you tossed!.....

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA! That's the most important thing you can figure out from coming to the board.

Yeah, you have to do what works best for your hair. I don't stretch my relaxers out 12 weeks. I have however, stopped going every 4 weeks and I go every 6 weeks now. I don't get my ends trim unless it looks like they need to be trimmed. I don't use all the products many of the ladies tout on here, like Lust because I know with psorasis I have a high likely hood of inflamming my scalp. But I have learned alot of things about taking care of my hair like using less heat, vitamins (although I am not one who takes all the vitamins many people on here take, I just try to get them through my nutrition). I tried the phony pony thing, it didn't work for me, those things make my head hurt. But I do think I know how to take care of my hair better if I decide to weave it up for a while.

Well miss thing I'm glad that you found what works for you. Personally I think that those products work well but in different ways for different people. For some, using the *stop-breakage* products when it actually starts helps the most, but for others using these products before any starts to build up the hair shaft works the best.

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
Why'd you throw all that stuff away....dig it out and give it to me!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ladies, I am with you. I did, however, purchase products from hairgasm.com. I like them because they help me get the product build up off of my hair and they are helping my hair. I am not one of those people that can stretch out relaxers either (that does me more harm than good). I lost A LOT of length trying this trend. My hair doesn't like it.
I did what you did...got lots of hair cut during my last relaxer, stopped worrying about long hair and started worrying about healthy hair. I gave away my Elucence, my John Frieda stuff, my Paul Mitchell, Biosilk and Aphoghee Treatment for damaged hair (that stuff is just glue that tricks you into think that you hair is stronger). I am back to the basics and I decided to quit being a PJ.

That's good your starting over. Everything isn't for everybody. When my hair was at it's longest I wasn't taking any vitamins or doing any extra stuff, I was just getting a wash and set every week. Yes roller setting and blowing straight, no hot oil, pre wash treatments, none of that and my hair grew. I cut my hair in layers for a different look but now I want it all back. Girl don't ever sacrifice healthy hair for length, it's not worth it. I love this sight cause you get so much information but you know your hair. So if you see those ends getting out of hand...cut girl!
shocked.gif

Now as for you throwing away all those products I'm with Ms. Kenesha GIRL DIG THOSE OUT. I have products that I tried and didn't work or I've found something better but I'd be damned if I through my money away.

Back