Trading Hearts ...

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I was in prayer about something that occurred and as a woman, some of my emotions were involved...I was a little sad because I didn't understand what really happened. But that's everyday life and it was Christmas filled with many, many distractions to keep me off focus.

HOWEVER, the Holy Spirit gave me this and I've been praying it ever since.

"Lord, I trade my heart with yours. Give me your heart in this instead of mine... I choose to see 'this' as you do and not as my heart wants to see it. Instead of hurt, I choose healing; instead of anger, I choose love. Help me to see the 'other' side as you do and where I have sinned, I choose to do no more. Father, I choose love, the love of you."

It's a wonderful release. For now, I can 'see' what's on the other side. And the situation is far different than what the enemy tried to imposed upon it and me.

I had to willing to see past what happen in order to let God do what needs to be done. It doesn't make us fools, or passive, or doormats; but it does allow us to flow with the Holy Spirit to see something in ourselves as well as another that we would have never seen before. And we love as opposed to being a 'fool' for anger and unforgiveness, instead.

Let's face it. Life is what it is. A lot of things have happen where our feelings have been hurt, (definitely mine) or we have encountered confusing dissappointments such as ... :huh:

Some 'hurts' even have to 'sneak' up on us and catch us off guard... :sekret: My reaction is "Ohhhh ....no! (I didn't say it) :lol: But I do say, 'No to hell'...indeed I do. ;)

Again, choosing to forgive doesn't make us a fool; it just helps us to move upward and be better. Better for ourselves and others and most of all for Jesus.

I hope sharing this 'humbling experience' of mine helps someone here. For I am sensing that several hearts are going into the new year 'hurting' and confused and looking for answers. It's not about the hurting issues or the persons involved...it's more about you, growing into a better you. For better and beautiful is what you are, indeed. ;)

No one else can define you as anything less...no one and no situation.

Trade your hearts for the very best...the one of Jesus. There is no better example than when He was on the cross; naked, stripped of His honor and bleeding tears for each of us. Trade hearts with His. No more looking back; only up and beyond whatever has hurt you.

Can you make the trade? Yes...of course you can. I just did. ;)

With all of my heart... :kiss:

Shimmie said:
I was in prayer about something that occurred and as a woman, some of my emotions were involved...I was a little sad because I didn't understand what really happened. But that's everyday life and it was Christmas filled with many, many distractions to keep me off focus.

HOWEVER, the Holy Spirit gave me this and I've been praying it ever since.

"Lord, I trade my heart with yours. Give me your heart in this instead of mine... I choose to see 'this' as you do and not as my heart wants to see it. Instead of hurt, I choose healing; instead of anger, I choose love. Help me to see the 'other' side as you do and where I have sinned, I choose to do no more. Father, I choose love, the love of you."

It's a wonderful release. For now, I can 'see' what's on the other side. And the situation is far different than what the enemy tried to imposed upon it and me.

I had to willing to see past what happen in order to let God do what needs to be done. It doesn't make us fools, or passive, or doormats; but it does allow us to flow with the Holy Spirit to see something in ourselves as well as another that we would have never seen before. And we love as opposed to being a 'fool' for anger and unforgiveness, instead.

Let's face it. Life is what it is. A lot of things have happen where our feelings have been hurt, (definitely mine) or we have encountered confusing dissappointments such as ... :huh:

Some 'hurts' even have to 'sneak' up on us and catch us off guard... :sekret: My reaction is "Ohhhh ....no! (I didn't say it) :lol: But I do say, 'No to hell'...indeed I do. ;)

Again, choosing to forgive doesn't make us a fool; it just helps us to move upward and be better. Better for ourselves and others and most of all for Jesus.

I hope sharing this 'humbling experience' of mine helps someone here. For I am sensing that several hearts are going into the new year 'hurting' and confused and looking for answers. It's not about the hurting issues or the persons involved...it's more about you, growing into a better you. For better and beautiful is what you are, indeed. ;)

No one else can define you as anything less...no one and no situation.

Trade your hearts for the very best...the one of Jesus. There is no better example than when He was on the cross; naked, stripped of His honor and bleeding tears for each of us. Trade hearts with His. No more looking back; only up and beyond whatever has hurt you.

Can you make the trade? Yes...of course you can. I just did. ;)

With all of my heart... :kiss:

Oh my goodness, what a great post! You aren't alone, Shimmie. I've found myself dealing with things that I didn't expect or anticipate, but it's always best just to move past it. I thank the Lord for giving me a heart able to forgive and not remain bitter or angry. It's wonderful how the Spirit of God works. HE never ceases to amaze me! :rosebud:

pebbles said:
Oh my goodness, what a great post! You aren't alone, Shimmie. I've found myself dealing with things that I didn't expect or anticipate, but it's always best just to move past it. I thank the Lord for giving me a heart able to forgive and not remain bitter or angry. It's wonderful how the Spirit of God works. HE never ceases to amaze me! :rosebud:
"Why sit we here til ' we die...?" If those leperous men had sense enough to 'move on', how much more than me or anyone else who has experienced hurt or disappointments.

This applies not only in relationships, but also to jobs, new homes, even a church for it all deals with moving on when 'where' we are doesn't 'fit' anymore.

It even means changing banks...take your money and put it elsewhere, in a bank where you and your money is respected. I even changed Walmarts...:lol:

Bottomline, it's a new day, a new year, a new life...greet it and move on.

Back