Tracie Thomas actress on Cold Case

Individual braids....possibly twists done a few inches then let loose. Its done with afro kinky human hair from Lugo's in Brooklyn, NY.

I'm considering swingin over there to check out their afro kinky human hair this summer.

Individual braids....possibly twists done a few inches then let loose. Its done with afro kinky human hair from Lugo's in Brooklyn, NY.

I'm considering swingin over there to check out their afro kinky human hair this summer.
BlackMasterPiecer thanks so, so much for responding! Please do let me know your thoughts on the hair when you get a chance to see it. I absolutely love the braids and will definitely be looking for someone to do there here in Memphis for me.

I'm now reminded of how much I love her hair and wanna check out the hair from lugo's:scratchch it had slipped my mind prior to this thread.......I want it:lick:

88673495.jpg

tracie-thoms.jpg

d6c7b907-9718-5794-f2e5-0a20c09cd2b0-fb_HeadGame_GoodHair_TracieThoms.jpg

traciephoto~s600x600.jpg

Tracie-Thoms3.jpg

91345634.jpg

tracie2.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't even thought about getting braids during my transition but after looking at her hair. I want them! Someone in ATL has to know how to do it.

This is me with the same afro kinky 2 strand twists with the afro kinky hair from Lugo.

Mine is just shorter. I loved them to death. I was going to do them again this Summer but the stylist that did them is being flaky. I have to find someone else.

Oh, the smaller pic.

My siggie pic is just my own hair with sloppy 2 strand twists.

IMG_0220-1.jpg

She said its her real hair, but I don't understand, what is a double strand twist? I'm aware of two strand twists, and I know the definiition of double is synonymous to "two", so is it just a 2-strand twist?

It matched her real hair but what you are seeing in the pictures is extension hair.

MSdeevee where did you find the hair? I did research a while back and found it but I did not keep the link in my hair file.

ETA: Here is the site for the place where she purchases her hair.

Last edited:
The hair is sold at Lugo's in Brooklyn, NY.

I know Lugo has different locations but I don't know where.

It is afro kinky bulk hair and it can be blended just like Tracey's. I have the same blend with dark brown, light brown and some golden blonde highlites.

I'm sure you can buy it from your local human hair distributor .

Looks like small twists done with Bulk Afro Kinky Hair. I used to do my hair with these several years ago. These pics are from Circa 2003. (Excuse the Makeup, (except for with the blue top; I DID NOT leave the house like that.); now I stick to Nude Lip colors, LOL)

The 1st Pic is a length shot; the 2nd was with the hair set on curlers; the 3rd is included to show you my "texture" and parting.

I used 2 different shades of hair, and installed the hair upside down, hence the Straight ends. :grin:I can only hope my Sisterlocks look 1/2 this good in a few years.

Attachments

• misc. 001.jpg
    misc. 001.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 74
  • misc. 131.jpg
    misc. 131.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Twists3.jpg
    Twists3.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 65
She said its her real hair, but I don't understand, what is a double strand twist? I'm aware of two strand twists, and I know the definiition of double is synonymous to "two", so is it just a 2-strand twist?
No she said these are extensions and she occasionally rocks her real hair in twist-outs. The style in the pics I posted are two strand twist extensions when people say double strand twist its the same thing.

Looks like small twists done with Bulk Afro Kinky Hair. I used to do my hair with these several years ago. These pics are from Circa 2003. (Excuse the Makeup, (except for with the blue top; I DID NOT leave the house like that.); now I stick to Nude Lip colors, LOL)

The 1st Pic is a length shot; the 2nd was with the hair set on curlers; the 3rd is included to show you my "texture" and parting.

I used 2 different shades of hair, and installed the hair upside down, hence the Straight ends. :grin:I can only hope my Sisterlocks look 1/2 this good in a few years.
What brand of hair did you use? Is this synthetic or human?

This is me with the same afro kinky 2 strand twists with the afro kinky hair from Lugo.

Mine is just shorter. I loved them to death. I was going to do them again this Summer but the stylist that did them is being flaky. I have to find someone else.

Oh, the smaller pic.

My siggie pic is just my own hair with sloppy 2 strand twists.

IMG_0220-1.jpg
Do you have bigger/clearer pics of this set? It looks awesome:grin:

Last edited:
This is a larger clearer pic.

I didn't have the patience to hide my face so I will delete soon.

Kinda shy about being all out there :blush:

(deleted pic )

Last edited:
I used Human Hair, the Brand is Janet. I'm in the process of moving when I get a chance I'll look for the pack I have and update.

What brand of hair did you use? Is this synthetic or human?

Back