• Yes

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 38 86.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

TrustMeLove

I am going through my hair and finding knots w/ lint at the ends of my strands. Grrrr! I wrap my hair up at night. So I am figuring it's my towel.

I think I am going to start drying my hair off w/ paper towels.

Do any of you use this method?

I've never tried it before but I just read an article that said that it's best to dry hair with paper towels or old t-shirts. It says that towels are too harsh and t-shirts and paper towels are more gentle or something to that effect. You should try it and see how it goes.

I am going through my hair and finding knots w/ lint at the ends of my strands. Grrrr! I wrap my hair up at night. So I am figuring it's my towel.

I only dry with the dark blue salon towels from SALLYS. No tangles or lint. I don't actually dry but blot, blot, blot a lot of the moisture away. My two hanging braids are still quite wet afterward so I put the towel around the braid and squeeze the water out.

I blot as well and it is still causing knots. This past week of bad hair, bad products, bad technique has taught me sooo many things. I am about to pretty much revamp my whole hair care system.

Wow!

I only dry with the dark blue salon towels from SALLYS. No tangles or lint. I don't actually dry but blot, blot, blot a lot of the moisture away. My two hanging braids are still quite wet afterward so I put the towel around the braid and squeeze the water out.

I use a regular bath town and thats what I do. Its interesting that you still get knots by blotting.

For those who use a paper towel, is there a particular brand that you use?

Last edited:
Great thread!! i was actually looking for something gentler than a towel.. I'm going to try the paper towels in the morning and let you know how it goes!

To be honest Ive never looked much into what I dry my hair with. Always towels but I DO have problems with knots sometimes. Single strand knots but I dont tousle my hair with a towel I just wrap it up and then air dry or low dry or sit under my pibbs. Maybe I could look into better methods to pre-dry my hair....:yep: ALl that to say, I have nothing of importance to add but will be looking at this thread for info.

I only use my hands to dry my hair. I twist my hair after I detangle...then I just squeeze the excess water out w/ my hands. :yep:

Could it be that your comb or brush have lint in them?

I don't understand when folks say that towels cause breakage because I basically place the told around my hair, twist/squeeze and remove to rid my hair of most of the water. No tension what so ever. I avoid rubbing my hair with the towel.

Last edited:
I dont use towels to dry anymore ever

just put it up and let it drip on a towel around my shoulders

sometimes I WILL use a paper towel and just blot it

drying hair with a disposable paper towel seems wasteful. think of how many handfuls you will be throwing away each week or month or year. i agree with what someone else has said - use a t-shirt instead

drying hair with a disposable paper towel seems wasteful. think of how many handfuls you will be throwing away each week or month or year. i agree with what someone else has said - use a t-shirt instead

ITA- if a towel does'nt work, use a t-shirt.
I use regular old towels and I have no problems with it.

:yep: ITA!!! An old t-shirt, or a microfiber towel - they sell some specifically for hair.....

I use a regular towel - lay it over my head and pat my hair dry. *shrug* No lint - my flannel sheets give me more lint, and I wear a scarf! :lol:

I've never tried it before but I just read an article that said that it's best to dry hair with paper towels or old t-shirts. It says that towels are too harsh and t-shirts and paper towels are more gentle or something to that effect. You should try it and see how it goes.

I LOVE using old t-shirts, they're very absorbent (more than towels, IMO) and gentle on the hair.

For the last year I haven't used a towel to dry my hair at all (unless I happened to be in braids).
I just squeeze the excess moisture out and let it air dry.

I just recently bought a microfiber towel for hair and it seems to work okay (I;ve used it 2x) I've also heard that t-shirts are good for drying your hair too.

I have heard that the microfiber towels are superb for alleviating knots and tangles in the hair. The paper towel method is just as good. I have been doing this for a month and it works really well. The paper towel method is gentle and you don't have to worry about snags and pops from your tresses.

Back