Touch up with straight new growth NEED ADVICE!

controlFreak

I'm 14 weeks post relaxer and im getting a touch up 2moro morning. I had a blowout 3 weeks ago, and my roots are still straight. I'm worried that my hairdresser will have problems finding the demarcation line since my roots have been straightened. What do you suggest I do to make it easier for her as I don't want my hair to be overprocessed.

I think you should use a hair creme or some type product that makes you hair revert or curl up so the line is visible. Steam from your shower will make your roots curl up.

Did you already try wetting or washing it? If not, maybe u want to wash it so that your new growth can kink up and just wait a few more days before getting your touch up.

I would not wash it as you will irritate your scalp.

I would get a spray bootle of water and just part lightly and spray your roots.
Then leave to air dry, your roots should puff up.

Let me know how you get on

Kizzy

Thanks for your replies.

Its soo depressing because iv tried steaming, water-based products etc...but the only part of my hair that will revert back to normal is the hairline. I have to get my hair done on friday for an event.......and i dont have any products at the moment that have any curling agents...i guess im gonna have to rinse my hair

kizzylonghair said:
I would not wash it as you will irritate your scalp.

I would get a spray bootle of water and just part lightly and spray your roots.
Then leave to air dry, your roots should puff up.

Let me know how you get on

Kizzy

GOOD IDEA!

THANK YOU!

now i just need to find a spray bottle.......or else I'll probably have to resort to using my hands

Back