too tight of braids are out, now what?

L.Brown1114

so i just took my braids out and my scalp feels SOOOO much better!! i was wondering about detangling because i want to do a baking soda clarifier just in case my itchy scalp was build up to! BUT my hair is tangled and in order for me to detangle it id need water, conditioner, and jesus. so would it be alright if i detangled with conditioner since i'm clarifying anyways? or would it throw my reggie off??

It will not throw your reggie off. PLEASE DETANGLE first, if you dont the clarifier will just tangle it up even more and cause you to get frustrated :wallbash: and you will want to hurt something. DONOT APPLY water to your hair just Apply the conditioner all over and Allow it to sit for 10-15 min under a cap to allow it to work its magic first and then detangle IN SECTIONS with your fingers first removing all shed hair as you go. Rinse well and then clarify in sections again dont forget to close those cuticles to prevent more tangles from happening again. HTH.

Hey OP I remember your last thread and I see you went ahead and took them out

You should be fine by detangling with condish. Just be gentle and take your time.

Since you had an itchy sore scalp from braids I would be carefull with that baking soda. baking soda can be a bit abbrassive and Considering all that your scalp has been through lately I would just take it easy.

IMO you should just wash condition and find a simple PS like a flat twistout bun or some updo that will give your scalp a rest from all the tension and manipulation.

well i just ordered the bobbi boss rudi wig and i was going to braid my hair underneath but i feel like thats too much minipulation, but i have too much newgrowth to wrap!! what should i do??

OP, you've gotten good advice. May I recommend that the next time you take your hair out of braids you put the hair in big plaits as you go along. I do not let my hair tangle. I undo each one with fingers and carefully detangle it. Then work on the next. When I have undone a few (say 5-10), and they are well detangled, I put them in plaits while I work on the next step. If I left my hair out while I undid the rest, I'd have to cut it off. I don't take chances with it. I keep my hair detangled as much as possible.

well i just ordered the bobbi boss rudi wig and i was going to braid my hair underneath but i feel like thats too much minipulation, but i have too much newgrowth to wrap!! what should i do??

the wig sound like a great PS....Braid your hair (not too tight) and rock the wig for a bit. Just try to leave it alone for a good two weeks.

Back