Too Many Conditioners? Absurd!

againstallodds

*Reposted from my blog at the request of a fellow LHCFer!

My mother made an absurd comment last week. She said... that I have... too many conditioners. :shocked::shocked: I know you had the same reaction that I did, right? How could she say such a thing. My mouth immediately dropped open in exaggerated disbelief and retorted that one can never have too many conditioners.

Too many conditioners, what IS that?

Love, laughter, and conditioner are three things a girl can never have, in no particular order. If I was stranded on an island, I'd pray for water and conditioner. Oh, and a way off the island, with my conditioner in hand of course. If God forbid, we experienced a nuclear disaster and had to hole up in a fall out shelter somewhere, I'd pack conditioner with me. If, in the not too near future an asteroid was on a collision course with Earth and the government secretly had spaceships to save the human race and in a show of supreme wisdom asked for my input on what essentials the spaceships should be stocked with, I'd suggest conditioner be a must.

The thing is, I really don't have that many. In my product junkie bias of course, here's my list:

Paul Mitchell Super-charged Moisturizer.
Hairveda SitriNillah Deep Conditioner
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
Aubrey Organics White Camellia
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner
Organix Shea Butter Conditioner
Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner
GVP Nexxus Humectress
Paul Mitchell Super Strong Treatment
Paul Mitchell The Detangler
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Treatment
Paul Mitchell Instant Moisture Treatment

Um...ok, I may have a lot :look:

Oh well!:drunk::drunk:

I agree, one can never have too many conditioners. If you mom thinks you number is bad, SHE DOESN'T WANT TO SEE MY BATHROOM CLOSET.

OP I would say your stash is quite conservative. I've seen some collections that have made me take a sharp intake of breath! :lol:

You're serious, right? :lol: If a disaster happened one of your thoughts would be about conditioner? :lachen:

If she saw mine, she might try to have me committed. Or she might try to "read" me like my daughter did: "Mom, I was in your bathroom and I've been meaning to talk you about that. How do you even know what you have?"

My thoughts were "No, she didn't go there" and hopefully she wasn't nosing around my house to discover my other stash hide-a-ways. How dare she!

Yeah one can never have too many conditioners ITA :grin: Your stash is small too IMO:blush: compared to mine back in the day anyway

I don't think you have a lot at all.
Just to her conditioner is conditioner and they all do the same thing in her eyes.
But we know here, that there are different types of conditioner and they do different things.

Thats nothing, thats about the same amount i use for my rotation of "regular" conditioners.

I have always thought you can never have enough conditioner, until i noticed i had more moisturizing ones then protein:nono:

I don't think you have a lot at all.
Just to her conditioner is conditioner and they all do the same thing in her eyes.
But we know here, that there are different types of conditioner and they do different things.

Exactly! 10 seconds later her turned around and asked which one would I recommend for breakage

You're serious, right? :lol: If a disaster happened one of your thoughts would be about conditioner? :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I'm a strange one... sometimes I honestly sit there and think about what I would do about my hair if a natural disaster happened. I'll sit there and watch movies like 2012 and think "OMG I hope they have conditioner, moisturizer, oil, etc. on those ships. I might be among the few who survived but dry hair isn't cute!" I cringe at the thought of the breakage that would ensue!

Last edited:
Girl, you would need to have the paramedics standing by before your Mom could see my stash :lachen:.

my SO complained about the 9 bottles in the bathroom and the gallon of conditioner as well. I told him I go through a bottle at least once every two weeks so I rotate.

Back