Too many ACV rinses?

What is the max times a month that a person should do an ACV rinse?
Currently I do it about once a week but may increase to twice a week because it helps my scalp. Plus I like how my hair feels afterwards.
Is that too much? Could any negative hair effects result from that?

I do an ACV rinse after every wash and I wash my hair at least twice a week. Been doing this for at least 3 years and never had a problem with it. I think the only time you might have a problem is if you're using pure ACV undiluted or a very concentrated solution. It can damage your hair (see highlighted line below).

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When scientists talk to each other about alkaline solutions and acid solutions, they need a way of measuring alkalinity and acidity. The scale they use for their measurements is called the pH scale.
The pH scale ranges from pH 1 to pH 14. All you need to remember is that acids have pH numbers less than 7. Alkalis have pH numbers greater than 7. The more acid the solution, the lower is the pH number; the more alkaline the solution, the greater the pH number.
pH is measured using special indicator papers which change color when the pH changes.
Hair responds to changes in pH. If a hair is placed in an alkaline solution it swells, and the scales of the cuticle lift. In a slightly acid solution, the scales lie smoothly and the hair is soft. In a strongly acid or alkaline solution, however, the keratin protein starts to break down.
[/FONT]
Source: http://www.pg.com/science/haircare/hair_twh_83.htm

Better to err on the side of caution and make the solution as dilute as possible. I usually use about 1/4 cup of ACV in about 2 gallons of water, maybe 2.5.

I definitely dilute it, but I didn't know it would break down the hair it it's too strong. Thanks, Noni:drunk:

I do an ACV rinse after every wash and I wash my hair at least twice a week. Been doing this for at least 3 years and never had a problem with it. I think the only time you might have a problem is if you're using pure ACV undiluted or a very concentrated solution. It can damage your hair (see highlighted line below).

Better to err on the side of caution and make the solution as dilute as possible. I usually use about 1/4 cup of ACV in about 2 gallons of water, maybe 2.5.

Oh...I should dilute my mix some more.
I was using about 1/4 c. to 24 oz of water.:perplexed

Oh no! :eek: I had read by some one when I googled about ACV rinsing that they used 1cup ACV to 3 cups water. So thats how i did my rinse for the 1st time! :wallbash:

I was never going to do a ACV rinse again because I hated the way it made my hair feel. It felt like every thing had been striped from it.

I am so glad that this thread was posted. I am for sure going to try it again and dilutte it some more.

Oh no! :eek: I had read by some one when I googled about ACV rinsing that they used 1cup ACV to 3 cups water. So thats how i did my rinse for the 1st time! :wallbash:

I was never going to do a ACV rinse again because I hated the way it made my hair feel. It felt like every thing had been striped from it.

I am so glad that this thread was posted. I am for sure going to try it again and dilutte it some more.

The same thing happened to me, my mixture must have been off. It took my hair a long time to recover from it so I had sworn off ACV rinses

Back