"too good to be true"

SqrpioQutie

has a man that you've been involved with ever used that term in reference to you??.... how did you take it?... how did you proceed in your dealings with him??

I've been told twice, but I never dated them. I tried to bring them back to reality by saying "maybe we would be a good fit for each other" and "It's not that I'm too good to be true, it's just that several of our qualities mesh well."

Usually when a person thinks something is too good to be true, they dig for something or provoke a situation to prove to themselves that they were right. IMO

Heard it. I believe it means they either can't trust you or they don't think they can manage keeping you or you may just be his dream girl.

interesting responses...

i'm not sure how i feel about it... i think i'm leaning more toward what classy said, about the person who initially puts out the TGTBT sentiment then digging for something to prove they were right...

it just doesn't sit well with me at all...

Got that line/sentiment from a guy that turned out to be married.

I've also heard "You're too good for me" which I hear as "I don't want to be with you anymore" :ohwell::ohwell:.

Got to agree with the other ladies- I heard that line from a few guys when I was dating. Coincidentally, none of the relationships went anywhere :lachen:

Back