Today will be my last day

pinkchocolatedaisy

of using sulfates and cones! I realize that shampoo and my hair just don't get along. I hate the way my hair feels when I use any shampoo (well I've only eve used the sulfate shampoos). So I am going to stop. Today will be my last day. I also am going to give up the cones. I have no problem with them actually - my hair has no issues with cone usage but I figure if I'm not going to be using shampoo I don 't want build up so I gotta let the cones go. :rolleyes::look: I bought like 5 or 6 bottles of V05 conditioners (which are all cone free- and my hair loves them plus they smell so delish!:lick:). They were like 99 cents at CVS. So I see I am going to be spending less and ultimately I hope doing my hair a favor.

I think I may have to use the darn sulfates though when I remove braids...or is there a much better alternative? :look:

If you're not using cones, a baking soda/water mix is a great shampoo. I use it for my hair all the time. Or you could use baking soda mixed with conditioner...you get clean hair that's moisturized as well. I use baking soda about 2 times a month.

When you take out your braids make sure you detangle really well first (as you go along is best) before you even think about wetting your hair. Once my hair is really detangled then I wet it and use conditioner first to help detangle more.

You could also use diluted castile soap as shampoo. I used to, but it seemed to dry my air out more than the baking soda.

You play to dang much!:look:
I was getting ready to get all teary eyed thinking you was leaving us. I was putting together my encouragement speech :lachen:

Anyhoo, I know the feeling. For the most part almost all of the products that I really really really like have some form of cone. I have gotten my DC conditioners together and am now working on my leave in. I have two
Fekkai Smooth hair and Giovanni Direct Leave in.
I am currently working on another brands.. Hairveda, and Shescentit; but just ordered it yesterday.

If I cant avoid cones, I clarify my hair. That always helps.

of using sulfates and cones! I realize that shampoo and my hair just don't get along. I hate the way my hair feels when I use any shampoo (well I've only eve used the sulfate shampoos). So I am going to stop. Today will be my last day. I also am going to give up the cones. I have no problem with them actually - my hair has no issues with cone usage but I figure if I'm not going to be using shampoo I don 't want build up so I gotta let the cones go. :rolleyes::look: I bought like 5 or 6 bottles of V05 conditioners (which are all cone free- and my hair loves them plus they smell so delish!:lick:). They were like 99 cents at CVS. So I see I am going to be spending less and ultimately I hope doing my hair a favor.

I think I may have to use the darn sulfates though when I remove braids...or is there a much better alternative? :look:

I'm not going anywhere... I am addicted to this place!

I love hairveda stuff... I ordered to stock up for sure yesterday on Black Friday. I just use V05 as my leave in and for cowashing but I need something a little more moisturizing. A lot of the ladies here have really got me thinking of getting that amla & olive oil heavy cream from Qhemet biologics. I believe they are having a sale on Monday- which is fitting as it is my birthday!

You play to dang much!:look:
I was getting ready to get all teary eyed thinking you was leaving us. I was putting together my encouragement speech :lachen:

Anyhoo, I know the feeling. For the most part almost all of the products that I really really really like have some form of cone. I have gotten my DC conditioners together and am now working on my leave in. I have two
Fekkai Smooth hair and Giovanni Direct Leave in.
I am currently working on another brands.. Hairveda, and Shescentit; but just ordered it yesterday.

If I cant avoid cones, I clarify my hair. That always helps.

What a Sale! I just went shopping. I am going to have
to chuck up some cash. I have been waiting to try their stuff. Depending upon how much will be marked off, I just might get some.

I'm not going anywhere... I am addicted to this place!

I love hairveda stuff... I ordered to stock up for sure yesterday on Black Friday. I just use V05 as my leave in and for cowashing but I need something a little more moisturizing. A lot of the ladies here have really got me thinking of getting that amla & olive oil heavy cream from Qhemet biologics. I believe they are having a sale on Monday- which is fitting as it is my birthday!

Back