Today my stylist told me........

tarheelgurl

That she wanted to reduce relaxing my hair to twice a year to see if that will help to get it as thick as it can get. She also told me that if I wanted to I could start transitioning out of the relaxer and she would help me. She brought all this up without any prompting from me! My hair is thin and she knows that it frustrates me so she made that suggestion.

In a way I am excited and scared too because I am now officially a transitioner! :grin: But I am too happy that she is going to see me thru this! :drunk:

Now off to the transitioners support thread!

I can't believe she gave you such good advice. That's so rare. She actually cared about your hair. Keep her around. Good stylists are hard to find.

if you stylist told you that then you have a great and caring stylist! maybe she is really a member of this board:lachen:

Wowsers!! I wish I could find a stylist like that. Most of the stylists I come across are blow-drying, rattail comb using, scissor happy freaks. Girl, you've stumbled upon a rare find!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! THAT'S TERRIFIC NEWS!!!! :clapping::trophy:

I'm not transitioning, but I'm trying to relax on 2 or 3 times a year. This last stretch will be a little over 5 months. I will try not to relax again until June of 2008 and again in December 2008. We'll see how it goes.

That's great news!! :yep:

That she wanted to reduce relaxing my hair to twice a year to see if that will help to get it as thick as it can get. She also told me that if I wanted to I could start transitioning out of the relaxer and she would help me. She brought all this up without any prompting from me! My hair is thin and she knows that it frustrates me so she made that suggestion.

In a way I am excited and scared too because I am now officially a transitioner! :grin: But I am too happy that she is going to see me thru this! :drunk:

Now off to the transitioners support thread!

That's great! You know she's either a lurker or a member:yep:...

Wow, I thought it was gonna be something awful.
She sounds like a great stylist.

I'm transitioning too. I just hit the 6 month mark and it is getting harder but thanks to the wonderful support in here and from my fotki crew. I am making it through.

I'm using cornrows to help me through the transition.

** off to look at your fotki now.:drunk:

sounds like you have a good stylist on your hand...its not many that think about the condition of there clients hair enough to say hey look a relaxer is not whats best for you....

i had one stylist tell me that when i first wanted to get a relaxer...she says ur hair is so fine and soft that i dont need a relaxer...but she didnt come with other suggestions or anything but that'll be $65.00.

sounds like you have a good stylist on your hand...its not many that think about the condition of there clients hair enough to say hey look a relaxer is not whats best for you....

i had one stylist tell me that when i first wanted to get a relaxer...she says ur hair is so fine and soft that i dont need a relaxer...but she didnt come with other suggestions or anything but that'll be $65.00.

:lachen::lachen:cute...they're normally into making money only

Aw man, what DID she do for $65 if she didn't do a relaxer??

Back