Today is My Birthday - And My 10 Year Nappyversary!!!!

Lucky's Mom

Hey Ladies!!!!

I wanted to share and thank you all tremendously for all of your support and encouragement over these last couple of years....

I have been on hair boards for almost 3 years.... But - for 7 of my 10 years natural - I was flourishing in braids - then floundering outside of the braid extensions.....

I am grateful to be a nappy.... I feel really good being - in my hair, and being in my 40's - officially!
41 feels a little funny!!!! But - I am looking forward to WAIST length hair at 42!!!!!! I can't believe it has been a decade since my last RELAXER!!!!!

So - For all of you just starting out.....here is some encouragement:

1. Don't give up!!! Keep LEARNING!!!! I learn something new EVERY day on the Boards and from my own hair.....

2. When you feel like - "forget it, slap the crack on...Don't look at the emotional responses....Be secure :yep:

3. Always asses and re-asses your regimen.

4. Fuzz is a part of life:grin:

Love you all!!!!!

:dance7:
Happy Birthday and Congrats on 10 years

I Been at this for 15 years now and am still learning too:yep:

although I think we got most of it down now

enjoy your birthday, and celebrate your natural decade , its a milestone for sure:yep:

Happy Birthday Samanthajones and happy nappiversary. Even though our textures are different, you truly are an inspiration to me. It will be 9 years next year that I've been natural. It's hard and I haven't totally ruled out texturizing/texlaxing in the future, but I've observed how much fun you have with your hair and it has taught me a big lesson in enjoying what I have. :yep:

Happy Birthday and happy anniversary. I am trying to hold out on getting the creamy crack. I was able to straighten my hair this weekend and did a great job.

It seems you got the most growth withbraids? Was it extenstions or did you just braid your hair only?

Thanks all for the love!!!!

:dance7:
Happy Birthday and Congrats on 10 years

I Been at this for 15 years now and am still learning too:yep:

although I think we got most of it down now

enjoy your birthday, and celebrate your natural decade , its a milestone for sure:yep:

Thank you so much!!!! I am grateful for the milestone!!! We live close - we should get together for lunch!

Happy Birthday Samanthajones and happy nappiversary. Even though our textures are different, you truly are an inspiration to me. It will be 9 years next year that I've been natural. It's hard and I haven't totally ruled out texturizing/texlaxing in the future, but I've observed how much fun you have with your hair and it has taught me a big lesson in enjoying what I have. :yep:

Thank you so much... I am very encouraged by your words!

Happy Birthday and happy anniversary. I am trying to hold out on getting the creamy crack. I was able to straighten my hair this weekend and did a great job.

It seems you got the most growth withbraids? Was it extenstions or did you just braid your hair only?

I got lots of growth with HH Braid extensions.... It was a wonderful experience!!!!!
These days - they will have to be MUCH bigger to make sure my hair does not break

Thanks all for the love!!!!

Thank you so much!!!! I am grateful for the milestone!!! We live close - we should get together for lunch!

Thank you so much... I am very encouraged by your words!

I got lots of growth with HH Braid extensions.... It was a wonderful experience!!!!!
These days - they will have to be MUCH bigger to make sure my hair does not break
we could do that like totally! :grin:

I still come that way all the time

Congratulations to your 10 years and Have a wonderful birthday celebration!!! May you see many more, and may that hair continue to strive for another 10/20/ heck 50 years :)

Back