Today, I begin my hair growth journey!!!!

PrincessM

Hi girls! I'm new here
newbie.gif
, I've been reading through the archives and learned things I would have never even known if I had not found this site. WHY HAVEN'T I FOUND THIS SITE EARLIER! WOW!!!
notworthy.gif

So many black women are misinformed about hair care (I definitely was one until I educated myself though all of your informative posts... wow) I thought my options for hair products were so limited. I don't have to use grease? There's more out there then Pink Oil Moisterizer? No more Oil Sheen? I need to have a bond fire and burn the FOUR bottles of Pink Oil that are in my bathroom that never did ANYTHING for me, yet I used religiously
frown.gif

I started my hair journey last night after gathering all the info I could to get myself started. I'm very excited to grow my hair to what it used to be and beyond
trampoline.gif
. Me and my mom went to the beauty supply store and brought some of the recommended products.

Long story short : my hair is a mess. I've been wearing weaves for some time now because a while back my mom relaxed my hair and some fell out. I had patches of very short hair. But with the weave, I did not take care of the hair underneath well(I know now to, though). I had a nice growth a year ago, but with me not taking care of my hair properly in the slightest, it got damaged and needed to be cut. My hair is now very uneven. My edges are soooooo short and frayed. My ends are split and frizzy. My own general length is to my shoulders but my hair appears thin (because it's so uneven) and it is damaged. I KNOW for a fact I can grow hair and that my hair is thick. I used to have hair down my back before I started mistreating it
frown.gif
. I just HATE the stereotype that black girls can't grow long healthy hair. This board proves that ALL wrong! A change is SO overdue. I'm hoping through my new regimen, new products, and inspiration for you guys, I can get my stuff together
trampoline.gif
!!! I'm spreading the knowledge to my mom, too.
clap.gif
Wish us luck!

Welcome PrincessM!!!
Rose.gif
I love your avatar!! This is a great board!! Everyone is so helpful!!

Hey, I threw out my hair grease 2 months ago along with the pink oil!! Best thing I ever did!!
trampoline.gif

Welcome princessM..........I started my hair growth journey 2 weeks ago, I want butt length hair....some day I will have it with all the great help I've received from this board...I see that you are either from or live in Trinidad, that is where my mother is from???? Maybe we can be hair buddies...who knows????????

Happy Growing
Later
K

Welcome Princess M!
wave.gif

Isn't it great to be informed! I don't know who Pink Oil works for it works for a while and then it's YUCK! My fiancee told me he hates the smell of it on anyone!
laugh.gif

Thank you ALL! Wow, I like it here already
smile.gif
!

SherryLove, your hair is a true inspiration... wow!

ms_kenesha, your hair is so pretty! I can't wait until my hair starts looking that healthy again. Pink oil is the WORST in my opinion. Did nothing but dry my hair out so bad at the same time being greasy. My hair & scalp was SO dry and itchy, and I used to wonder why. Lol how dumb of me.

kandyland, my mom & family are from Trinidad, but I was born and raised in New York. That'll be great to be hair buddies. I'm gonna need a support system
smile.gif
!

Thanks again, guys
smile.gif

Back