To those that roll their hair at night....

Leslie_C

My hair doesnt seem to hold a wrap so in order to keep my ends smooth and a bend to my hair I think I should put a few rollers in at night(positioned to where they dont bother my sleep!)

What do u do to it before rolling it? Do u just oil it and then roll it or do u add setting lotion, etc? Im new to this! I could never sleep in a head full of rollers but if I can position them to where I can sleep on my side comfortably then that will be cool.

I sometimes use WGO and put hair up on top of my head with two magnetic rollers. Then just comb down in the am

I use three magnetic rollers in the middle of my head (mohawk style) sometimes I'll use a little mango butter on the ends, sometimes I'll use nothing.

sweet- your hair looks pretty and shiny.

I am having a hard time sleeping in rollers. It seems the rollers don't want to stay on when my hair is dry.

I use a little jojoba oil on the ends and roll my hair in satin covered sponge rollers. These are the only rollers I can sleep in.

for the ladies that use the mohawk set at night, datjerseydime and wildflower, does the hair come out the same way it would if you wrapped it, meaning does it lay flat with a slight bend at the ends? I'm thinking about trying this technique.

I have worn a FULL HEAD of rollers to bed on a nightly basis since I was about 12 years old. I will be 40 this month, and I have NEVER had a problem with hair breakage. In fact, my hair breaks more when I simply wear a satin cap, or when I wrap.

Some hair care experts recommend rolling hair in the A.M., and then allowing the steam from the shower as is bathing to set the hair. This does not work for me. My hair is fine, and so it needs several hours of a roller set to acquire body and some degree of curl. I also find that applying setting lotion to the ends, and then rolling my hair, is very moisturizing to the hair.

northernbelle

northernbelle said:
I have worn a FULL HEAD of rollers to bed on a nightly basis since I was about 12 years old. I will be 40 this month, and I have NEVER had a problem with hair breakage. In fact, my hair breaks more when I simply wear a satin cap, or when I wrap.

Some hair care experts recommend rolling hair in the A.M., and then allowing the steam from the shower as is bathing to set the hair. This does not work for me. My hair is fine, and so it needs several hours of a roller set to acquire body and some degree of curl. I also find that applying setting lotion to the ends, and then rolling my hair, is very moisturizing to the hair.

northernbelle

I have only been wrapping my hair at night for the past few months and have experienced thinning of my edges. I never had that problem when sleeping with rollers. Y ou could always wrap your hair in the morning.

northernbelle said:

northernbelle

I wish I could sleep in a head of rollers, then I could airdry my rollersets, but I absolutely hate the way they hurt my head and I toss and turn a lot so its just practically miserable to sleep in rollers for me. Any ideas on how to get used to it???? lol.

northernbelle said:

northernbelle

Hi northernbelle.:wave:
Which setting lotion do you use on your hair whenever you roll your hair at night? How often do you use it during the week whenever you roll your hair?

I put my hair in a high, very loose ponytail then put pink rollers on the ends. when I take my hair down the next day, it falls into place.

anky said:
I put my hair in a high, very loose ponytail then put pink rollers on the ends. when I take my hair down the next day, it falls into place.

Anky,
Well, SOME OF US arent lucky enough to have hair long enough to do that! rub it in whydontcha??????? lol ;) I mean I might be able to get one small roller on the end of it......hmmm....lol. :)

Leslie_C
Have you tried mesh rollers? Those are much more comfortable to sleep in than magnetic rollers.

sunneydey
I've used very dilute lottabody or dilute leave in conditioner just on the ends.
After setting your hair once with setting lotion, you shouldn't have to continue using it.

I just roll my hair on mesh rollers. I don't necessarily put anything on my hair beforehand unless it's dry. I have fine hair, so if I plan to wear it down I keep the products to a minimum and use some light oil sheen in the morning.

Back