To the relaxed ladies...touch up frequency

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Hypothetically if you were using a relaxer that:

-could never over process the hair
-gave you no scalp issues
-doesnt weaken the hair after application(no need to neutralize or reconstuct after relaxing)
-difficult to overlap
-no relaxer runoff
-relativley cheap per application
-easy to diy

would you touch up more often?

I don't think so. Apart from the health benefits of stretching relaxers, I also like the plus of seeing a more dramatic difference in length between touch ups.

Hypothetically if you were using a relaxer that:

-could never over process the hair
-gave you no scalp issues
-doesnt weaken the hair after application(no need to neutralize or reconstuct after relaxing)
-difficult to overlap
-no relaxer runoff
-relativley cheap per application
-easy to diy

would you touch up more often?

Nope.

I don't think hair is weakened after relaxing. I don't have scalp issues. I can tell time so it's easy not to over preocess :lachen: I'm not concerned about relaxer run-off. My relaxer costs 5 bucks, doesn't get much cheaper than that. I think diy is easy.

I would relax every 2-3 wks if this were true.:yep:

LOL, what would you be relaxing though? I didn't even know that there was new growth in two weeks. :lol:

Personally, I would still stretch, because I like to play with my new growth, but not as long as I do now. I would cut back to about 12 weeks or so.

Well, I already relax more often that most people on this forum which is 6 to 8 weeks. So, to answer your question I don't think I would relax any sooner no matter how non-damaging the relaxer process it.

Probably not. My freshly texlaxed hair is too limp. I love the body that I gain while stretching.

If I was still relaxing.....I would still continue to relax every 6 weeks. Anytime before that and I just would not have enough new growth and I never believed in stretching anyway.

Nope

The actual process of relaxing takes too long

I like to for the most part be in and out of my head in 1 hour relaxing can take up to 3 hrs (because I do the half half method)

LOL, what would you be relaxing though? I didn't even know that there was new growth in two weeks. :lol:

Personally, I would still stretch, because I like to play with my new growth, but not as long as I do now. I would cut back to about 12 weeks or so.

So that I could always have that baby hurrr from a fresh relaxer!! lol

Seriously though, when I rocked a short spiky cut I relaxed every 3 wks. Okay, maybe now I wouldn't relax every 2wks but definitely 3. Not that there's a lot of new growth but it still would lay nice and flat with extra swang.

So that I could always have that baby hurrr from a fresh relaxer!! lol

Seriously though, when I rocked a short spiky cut I relaxed every 3 wks. Okay, maybe now I wouldn't relax every 2wks but definitely 3. Not that there's a lot of new growth but it still would lay nice and flat with extra swang.

i was actually thinking if this was the case i would do the edges 4 weeks and the whole thing every 8 weeks
that way my babyhurrs will always stay fresh lol

I like seeing my "true length" after a fresh relaxer, but I would still stretch because buns, braid outs etc look better with new growth...So I would relax my edges every 6 weeks with the hypothetical relaxer and stretch the rest of my hair to my usual 12 weeks.

Well, I already relax more often that most people on this forum which is 6 to 8 weeks. So, to answer your question I don't think I would relax any sooner no matter how non-damaging the relaxer process it.

how do you keep your length while relaxing "so frequently"? (in quotes 'cause its all relative to other people's)

Nope.

I don't think hair is weakened after relaxing. I don't have scalp issues. I can tell time so it's easy not to over preocess :lachen: I'm not concerned about relaxer run-off. My relaxer costs 5 bucks, doesn't get much cheaper than that. I think diy is easy.

Pretty much. I relax when I feel like it. Sometimes it's 10 weeks, sometimes it's 4 weeks, sometimes it's 4 months. I'm willy-nilly like that.

Too bad this will never exist... Well, at least not universally anytime soon. :look:

If I had to answer probably sometimes I would relax sooner and other times I wouldn't. I like the surprise but sometimes I just want to relax often instead of every 4 months to get it over with.

No. I don't do extremely long stretches anymore. Around 10-12 weeks I'm ready for that "shock" factor and my hair is fine up until that point as far as manageability goes.

how do you keep your length while relaxing "so frequently"? (in quotes 'cause its all relative to other people's)

I don't know really. I guess it's my hair. Stretching never worked for me and its too painful too relax if I go beyond 9 weeks. I also use only pro lye relaxers and no box relaxers. There are several members that don't stretch such as Dlewis who texlax every 6 to 8 weeks.

Back