To the Lurkers and Soon-2-b-PJs

Angelicus

After becoming a PJ (thanks to you-know-who
sekret.gif
) I have realized that there are a lot of products that agree with my hair.

However, I have found out today that it's not really products that are giving me good results. It's my technique.

When i wanted to have my bun slicked down so my waves could show, I used some things that people on the board raved about but nothing worked. Then i used a different technique: combing my hair back in the shower, applying only a little pomade on the edges, and tying my scarf tightly for 20-30 minutes. I became seasick because i had wave and curl definition (thanks adrienne & sassygirl)!

Although I used some of my PJ collection today for my rollerset, my technique once again is the reason why my hair is beautiful. I washed, rinsed, & dried my rollers so I wouldn't have buildup on my hair, misted hair heavily with distilled water, used a very small amount of leave-in conditioner, and a minute amount of serum on the ends only (thanks Kenesha). I rollerset my hair tautly, for straighter hair. The result: A great head of straight hair even though im 12 weeks post relaxer.
weird.gif

So before you go out and buy 29329832 products, think about your technique in detail, make an online or hard copy journal so you can remember what u are doing wrong and right.
smile.gif

just wanted to share this even though i dont start threads much. thank you everyone.

"She's so right," BlackCardinal thought, as she glanced at the open box of new hair products that had just arrived from the vitamin shoppe...
laugh.gif

Anky is the role model of what to do
weird.gif
, and I'm the terrible warning of what to avoid
antlers.gif
. The tangles at my last touchup convinced me that I need to focus on products less and on the technique (of combing) more.

thanxs anky..i needed to read this thread. I have noticed that too. Perfecting the way you treat your hair (process and/or technique) is the key.

THANK YOU

Trying to get my edges to lay down while bunning has been an up hill battle for the last few months. Thanks for the advice.

Anky you are so right... in high school i realised that gel + headscarf = smooth hair, only back then i was using the wrong gels.

Back