To the ladies that wear wigs...

carrie

God bless ya'll cuz I'm about to tear this thing off my head. I am waiting to get my hair re-weaved (is that a word?) this weekend. Normally I would sport an Instant weave (3/4 wig) But when I went to buy a new one I saw the CUTEST Dena Cali wig with bangs. I figure it would be good for not stressing my edges. I am hot and bothered and not in a good way! But it looks cute.

God bless ya'll cuz I'm about to tear this thing off my head.

:lachen: :lol: :lachen: :lol: :lachen: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It can't be THAT BAD sweetie !

carrie said:
God bless ya'll cuz I'm about to tear this thing off my head. I am waiting to get my hair re-weaved (is that a word?) this weekend. Normally I would sport an Instant weave (3/4 wig) But when I went to buy a new one I saw the CUTEST Dena Cali wig with bangs. I figure it would be good for not stressing my edges. I am hot and bothered and not in a good way! But it looks cute.

I am sorry to hear that you are hot and bothered about your new wig.But have you tried wearing a wig cap? Although I don't wear one because I don't have a problem with the Dena Cali wigs or any other brand wigs. I just throw the wig on my head and go but I moisturize my hair and keep it in braids.By doing this, it not only keeps my hair protected but it prevents dryness and it allows the wig to fit better on my head. ITA about Dena Cali wigs
up.gif
. I have just recently dicovered this brand a few weeks ago and they are the cutest wigs ever
love.gif

I do have on a wig cap. I think its more the bangs which I am not use to. Oh well what was that old skit from SNL "You look Marvelous. It is better to look good then to feel good". LOL.

Thanks for posting that link, curlilocs. This wig is bangin:

mcclain.jpg

What exactly are Dena Cali wigs? Can someone post a link?

Carrie,

It takes sometime to get used to. I know how it can be when working with bangs, but after awhile, you forget that they are there :look: . Hang in there!

Carrie I feel you. Wigs are too hot for me once the weather gets warm. That and the fact that my forehead was becoming clostraphobic (sp) :lachen: were the reasons why I had to pack up the lacefront for the summer.

I would love to wear a wig and have my hair cornrowed underneath as a protective style (and a change in my look), but I am worried that it will be hot and itchy! If I do decided to buy one, I will definitely get a wig cap! I want a short style, because a sistah definitely ain't cutting her hair!

SweetPea said:
Thanks for posting that link, curlilocs. This wig is bangin:

mcclain.jpg

What exactly are Dena Cali wigs? Can someone post a link?

Carrie,

It takes sometime to get used to. I know how it can be when working with bangs, but after awhile, you forget that they are there :look: . Hang in there!

You are welcome. I've seen one in person and they are bangin'. The hair is beautiful!

I Don't Have A Problem With Wearing My Wigs In The Heat I Just Put My Wig Cap On Underneath And Keep Getting Up. But Then Again It Hasn't Been That Hot Yet!!!

Does the wig cap make it cooler for some reason? If you're adding another layer wouldn't it be even hotter?

I'd been dying to try a wig but I'm way cheap. Finally picked one up a few weeks ago at a BSS going out of business sale. I LOVE IT!! It's a great short cut and I get to give my hair a complete break since I can't take the tension from braids and ponys/buns. After the first week or so it got really warm so I've retired it for the season, but if a wig cap will help them I'm on it.

carrie said:

Carrie, some ladies can do wigs others can't. Most likely your one that cannot. On the weekends, I can wrap my hair, tie it down with a silk scarf, place a wig cap on top, then put on my wig and place a hat on and have no problems lol (BTW, it does not look bulky lol).

Now my mom on the other hand, she can put on the lightest wig and would be sweating bullets.

I think for me, they have to be used on ocassion, not everyday. I got my weave done, so I am straight now!

LAINA7777 said:
I Don't Have A Problem With Wearing My Wigs In The Heat I Just Put My Wig Cap On Underneath And Keep Getting Up. But Then Again It Hasn't Been That Hot Yet!!!

Girl it was 93 degrees here last week with 100% humidity. I know if I wore a wig this summer I would die. I think I will reserve it for the fall/winter months. Its only June, and its that hot here already. Can you imagine what August will be like? :burn:

I wear wigs in the summertime and I haven't had a problem with it being too hot. I live in the South as well, where it is humid and hot. I wear a lace front. The cap and lace is thin so my hair gets plenty of ventilation.

Back