To Daily Washers: Shampoo Daily?

For about two years, I cowashed daily. But shampoo? :nono: If I used shampoo on my hair every day, I don't think it would be in good shape. When I do use shampoo, it's a concoction of shampoo mixed with conditioner. But if shampooing everyday works for you than that is great. I kind of wish I could do it because I love the smell of my shampoo.

i wash just about everyday and use shampoo and conditioner. i tried using no shampoo a couple times but i didnt like it. i felt like my hair and scalp wasnt clean so i had to rewash.

I used to shampoo and condition nearly everyday. But it seemed to be leading to extra dryness. Now I conditioner wash almost every day and shampoo only once a week or so and my hair is less dry.

I think it's okay to shampoo daily only if you're using a moisturizing shampoo without harsh sulphates like CON, Breakthru, Elasta QP Creme Conditioning, etc. Otherwise I'd imagine it'd dry out the hair pretty quick. Other options I like include mixing shampoo with water and a little conditioner to get some cleansing and moisturizing properties. ACV rinses are good for cleaning the hair in between shampoos also. So to sum it up, I guess you just need to find what works for you personally.

ETA: I don't currently shampoo daily and never really have, just every other day at the most.

I shampoo once a week with diluted shampoo. I can't shampoo every day because of dryness and my hair didn't like daily co-washes. I will CW maybe once a week from time to time. If shampooing everyday works for you then wash on! Just make sure you are moisturizing and sealing everyday as well.

lg_honey_moisturizing_shampoo.jpg

Perfect for everyday shampoo.

I was wondering this too. I cowash daily, but like the idea of being able to wah daily. I use giovanni poos and conditiners. i still think it may be a bit much for me.

Back