To Cut or Not to Cut

honeyflaava

Hello ladies. I really need some advice on how to deal with hair that is completely broken off around all the edges. I'm talking the nape, all around to the front and the sides are only an inch long if that. The rest of my hair I know is a little uneven in spots but for the most part is to the bottom of my neck in length. Three years ago I did a big chop and I'm in the valley of decision about cutting it off again because I can't stand the way my edges look. I'm excited that my hair is growing out but I want it to grow out healthy, not uneven and broken. The broken edges are not really noticeable to anyone but me and if I want to wear my hair up, the back is too short to stay in place and requires gel. Should I just go ahead and just start over with a cut or just try to grow it out?? HELP!!

I wouldnt cut it....really. My nape broke of a little (I think I was getting dial soap on it in the shower and it dried it out and broke off)...but it will grow back! No need to start over just because of that unless it is extremely damaged all over. You just need to baby them back to health, keep them oiled, massage them, apply extra moisture and conditioner to those areas every day. Just smooth them down with a little gel that doesnt have alcohol like IC with sparklelites (the blue one is nice) if u must for a certain style. Try not to put stress on those areas as the grow by pulling your hair up too tight, etc. HTH!

Back