To Color or Not to Color??

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
The Spring is upon us...even though I know it still feels cold....but ladies I am so bored with the color of my hair! I want something new so bad. I recently went to a Kings game with one of my friends and some African- American Stylists gave me their card for there salon/spa they have. I told them I want to color or highlight my hair. Should I do it or would you suggest that I wait or at least do a rinse at home first with satisfy my craving for change? I thought about trying Sebastians Colourshines in Golden Walnut but just haven't purchased it yet... Help!

If your hair is in tip top condition and you are willing to baby it highlights are a good choice. You may want to check out the salon/spa and their work first before letting them do your hair coloring since it is a chemical service and can be potentially very damaging.

I agree with prettybrowneyes. I have enjoyed my highlights without any damage to my hair. You have to make sure you keep it moisturized though.

Thanks ladies.... my hair looks like crap in my album b/c I have 10 weeks of NG but when its freshly washed and straight it looks like the last pic. What do ya''ll think...can you take a peek? And ttreat when you got your highlights what did you tell the colorist in terms of color options? I like urs also...just gorgeous!

Agreed, tthreat your color is so nice. Is you hair color dark brown/black? Then what is your highlight color.

So Vikki, will this be a permanent coloring? If so, I say don't do it. I think it is just too much trouble trying to maintain double-processed hair:perplexed

VS- I would do the Sebastian Colourshines. I used it on my hair and it looks nice when I am under lights. My natural hair is very black so the rinse makes it seem more of a deep, plum brown color.

Back