Tired of buns!

jjchantel

Hi guys! I've been transitioning since November of last year, and I now have about 4 inches of newgrowth connected to bra strap length, relaxed, hair. My boyfriend keeps asking me if I ever wear my hair down because he likes long hair. And honestly I don't wear it up because I want to, but It's the only thing I know how to do lol! On wash days, I usually blowdry with cold air using the tension method to stretch my hair. Turns out ok ( wish it was a bit smoother) but my ends get all stringy and thin looking as the week progresses. I really want to wear it down more, but flat ironing never turns out the way I want it to ( it's always dry and stiff afterwards), Bantu knots outs look cute after the first day they're taken out, but shrink up and look horrible as the week goes on. Wet Braid outs make my hAir frizzy and it's more damaging to my ends. I honestly don't know what to do guys. I don't mind using heat every week b/c my low porosity hair doesn't get heat damaged quite easily. But I don't think it's worth the chance of damaging my hair if it doesn't come out right. Any suggestions on styling my hair so I can enjoy it and wear I down?
Also my hair is fine, high density, dry 4a/4b

I transitioned for 6 months and then chopped the relaxed ends off at the salon. She made starter locs, came home and husband was in shock. Lol. He's gotten used to it and I took him to a natural hair event. He saw ladies with long natural hair, cute hair styles and afros.
Are you ready to chop the relaxed ends? Your hair will grow faster and before you know it, you already 10 inches. I was frustrated and styling especially bantu knots lasted a two days maximum.
Have you checked YouTube for transitioning hair styles? Sorry I know the feeling.

I transitioned for 6 months and then chopped the relaxed ends off at the salon. She made starter locs, came home and husband was in shock. Lol. He's gotten used to it and I took him to a natural hair event. He saw ladies with long natural hair, cute hair styles and afros. Are you ready to chop the relaxed ends? Your hair will grow faster and before you know it, you already 10 inches. I was frustrated and styling especially bantu knots lasted a two days maximum. Have you checked YouTube for transitioning hair styles? Sorry I know the feeling.

I did:( but I don't think I'm doing something right or something must be seriously wrong with my hair. I had long hair all my life and I'm afraid to cut off 15 inches of hair lol. I still cut off a few inches monthly but I don't think I'm ready for a drastic cut yet. I thought about relaxing again, but I'm really starting to like my texture, and I still couldn't style it while it was relaxed and it never processed the way I wanted it to.
I just can't win in this situation! Lol

When I first discovered LHCF, I wore my hair up in a clip or in a bun for almost 2 years straight. The results? For the first time in my life, it grew past my shoulders and reached my arm pits. Looking back, I can't believe I did it. I would have rather experimented (with rollers sets or perfecting a blow out/flat iron technique) when my hair was loose.

Sometimes wash and gos look okay on relaxed or transitioning hair. When I was in my early 20s, I had a BF who had never seen my hair down when it wasn't braided. I would shampoo, condition, add a little mousse (maybe they make alcohol free nowadays) and scrunch and airdry. My hair would come out soft and wavy looking and he loved it.

When I first discovered LHCF, I wore my hair up in a clip or in a bun for almost 2 years straight. The results? For the first time in my life, it grew past my shoulders and reached my arm pits. Looking back, I can't believe I did it. I would have rather experimented (with rollers sets or perfecting a blow out/flat iron technique) when my hair was loose. Sometimes wash and gos look okay on relaxed or transitioning hair. When I was in my early 20s, I had a BF who had never seen my hair down when it wasn't braided. I would shampoo, condition, add a little mousse (maybe they make alcohol free nowadays) and scrunch and airdry. My hair would come out soft and wavy looking and he loved it.

I tried a wash and go by scrunching. My newgrowth shrunk and tangled up, and my relaxed ends just looked clumpy and no wave at all. Do you remember what mousse you used? And how did you deal with the shrinkage (if any). And how long did the styleast? Sorry for all the questions, but I think the scrunched look is so cute and I really want to try it.

Back