TIPS on hair care while in braids...

trendydiva

Hey All,
Just got braids put into my hair (micros with synthetic (batik bulk) hair). was wondering if any of you guys have tips on taking care of my own hair while they are in braids? can i condition, oil, treat my hair as usual? Please help.. thank you:grin:..
p.s. will post pics up later.

Moisturize everyday with some kinda of braid spra. (6-10 squirts will do)
Wash your hair with DILUTED shampoo once a week.
Try to DC once a week with DILUTED conditioner once a week
Be gentle with yoru braids.
Make sure you edges aren't being pulled
Tie your hair up every night with a satin cap.

Moisturize everyday with some kinda of braid spra. (6-10 squirts will do)
Wash your hair with DILUTED shampoo once a week.
Try to DC once a week with DILUTED conditioner once a week
Be gentle with yoru braids.
Make sure you edges aren't being pulled
Tie your hair up every night with a satin cap.
This is perfect advice. The diluted shampoo and conditioner are especially important (I like to use applicator-tip bottles to get the diluted products onto my scalp.) I also find that wearing braids is the perfect time to give my hair extra moisture--in addition to a moisture spray, I also use a cream moisturizer and oils on a daily basis.

Can you give a review of the Batik braid hair? I bought some a few months ago, but I've been hesitant to use it. How does it compare to human hair braids? TIA

HOW do you DC in braids? Rub the conditioner on your head, let it sit for 15 mins than rinse??
Yep. I lightly dilute the DC, apply it with an applicator bottle, then I make sure to rinse thoroughly. You can also sit under a dryer or heat cap if you want, just like with loose hair.

bumping........pour mane n tail detangler over them a day before removing to make removal easier

Back