Tip for ORS Carrot Oil Users

LondonDiva

Ladies as much as I love this product It feels a lil dry/chalky to the touch (can't explain it) sometimes when I apply it to my hair, so if you want that lil bit of added moisture I add about 10 drops of WGO a tablespoon of any oil I can get my hands on like Olive oil or Grapeseed oil and I mixed it up with a plastic chopstick. It changed the whole product for me, for the better and my ends feel just great.

Londondiva how often do you use this product? Next month I'm going to take my sew-in out. I can't stand it anymore /images/graemlins/mad.gif I can't really care for my hair properly. The only thing I can do is grease my scalp. I'm really nervous about wearing my natural (relaxed) hair. It's been several years now that I've worn weave and not my natural hair. To make a long story short I'm trying to establish a regimen for my natural hair. Just curious about the ORS it seems to be really popular here on the board. Thanks Londondiva! Merry Christmas /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Azalia

I use the Carrot Oil initially on the whole of my hair when i twist it and on the ends every night. I've just undone my twists now and I can still feel the moisture on my hair. It holds it very well, especially around this cold time of year.

Wow LD. Even though you are across the waters you are right on time with this tip!

A couple years ago I picked up a jar of ORS carrot oil to use on my hair after it suffered major chorine damage. Every night I would massage it into my hair. It helped strengthen my hair really fast.

Last week I started using it again. The first few nights I just put it on the ends. But one night I put it all over my hair and experienced the same dryness that you described. I guess not my hair is not as damaged as it was when I first tried it. I had decided to use it only on the ends, but, I'll try your dilution method to see if that works for me.

Did you add the ten drops of WGO and the tablespoon of olive oil to the entire jar?

Thanks again.

--kc

Kasey

I have the 4oz tub of ORS Carrot Oil, and if i never used my initiative I would have totally moved onto a different product. But that sort of dry-not-so-moist feeling was pissing me off, cause i hold their products up in high regard. The first time I added WGO and Olive oil.

This time I tried it straight from the tub, same thing again, then the other night I added about 10-15 drops of WGO and about 1.5 tablespoons (20ml) of Grapeseed oil stirred it up with the plastic chopstick. BAM!!! different product that works totally different now.

Yes I added it to the whole jar. Add more oil if you need it. But that Product is a good moisturising base. Just on it's own it doesn't do nothing for me.

Wow. I never would have thought of this! Thanks! ORS Carrot Oil worked great for my relaxed hair, but with 1"-2" of new growth it did absolutely nothing for my hair. My new growth soaked it up and laughed at me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
I had to dig my jar out the product graveyard and try your tip. I used WGO and African Royale Hot 6 Oil.
I love it! Thanks again!

london: thanks for the tip, i mix it up in my hand now if i need the extra boost. ORs on its own works fine for me, but with the oil its even better. ORS by itself adds a lil weight to my hair and makes it look richer, but it kinda makes it "unmovable" after a while, but that never really bothered me. With the oil it have more moveability.

Back