Tingling hair Treatments

spelmanlocks

Does anyone know of any good tingling conditioners or hair treatments? My old hairstylist used to put some conditioner in my hair that was really stimulating, but I never got the name of it.

I know Design Essential Stimulations conditioner gives a tingling feeling but if you want to, all you have to do is add a little bit of pure peppermint oil to your favorite conditioner that you use at home and it will give you the same effect.

I was trying to find a product that already had it in it. The last time I made my own mix with peppermint oil, I started getting scabs on my scalp from it. Thanks for the above suggestions though. I'm going to look into both of those conditioners.

Last edited:
Hi,

I had a sample of Elasta QP scalp stimulating poo and conditioner, they both tingle quite a bit. I think menthol is one of the ingredients. I didn't find the conditioner to be really moisturizing though, so if you try it make sure you deep condition afterwards.

Dee

Perfect Results Stimulating Deep Moisturizing Conditioner is the best. It's in a mint green jar and it smells like menthol and peppermint. It will literally tingle INTENSELY, but it feels great and very stimulating. I still use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards though. Just in case. It's about 6.99. Enjoy!

P.S. Peppermint Oil burns my scalp as well and I used the tiniest amount.

Lana

Sheenaspelman said:
Does anyone know of any good tingling conditioners or hair treatments? My old hairstylist used to put some conditioner in my hair that was really stimulating, but I never got the name of it.

I use UBH deep conditioner(to be used under dome dryer), it contains peppermint oil and menthol. This is so stimulating to the scalp and relieves an itchy scalp and I look forward to using this with every wash twice a week.

God's Anointed said:
So what exactly is menthol? Is it almost the same thing as camphor? Can camphor be used on the hair?

menthol has like a cooling sensation on the scalp (like that of peppermint oil)...personally it stops the itchies for me. I had to look it up myself to see exactly what it is and what does it do:lol: When I truly think of menthol...all I can think of is the vicks vapor rub that is slathered under my nose and on my chest when I am congested:lol: but the menthol and peppermint oil is already contained in my deep conditioner and I love that stuff!

Last edited:
I use the following
Sole & Cinnamon Conditioner and Rinse
Barry Fletcher Cool Revitalizing Conditioner
UBH Conditioner
Nixon Scalp Therapy Occasionally

Bump!Does anyone know of any moisturizing deep conditioners that tingle?Not just the rinse out conditioners...

Last edited:
Back