Tinder Anyone?

Well my first time on Tinder was not great. I met one guy and we met for movies and ice cream but then dude wanted to go to bed so I got off of it then. That was over a year ago.

Then I got back on it this year because my girlfriend was telling me how good success she was having and I picked up talking to one guy that I was talking to before I got off of it and we met at Starbucks but he was a Atheist and that didn't work out at all and plus he was too nerdy for me.

I met my boyfriend on there and we have been together for 6 months, he's met my family, I've met his family and we are all good and happy! He's 39, no kids, has his own house, cars, is mature and funny, intelligent, college educated, career--Civil Engineer for the State. My family likes him and his family likes me.

Also the same girlfriend met her boyfriend on there and they've been together over a year and she's met his mother and he's met her family. Same girlfriend's friend met her boyfriend on there and they've also been together over a year and are living together now. And I just attended a wedding in September of a girlfriend I went to college with that met her husband on there. They were together for over a year and half and just got married. With these two I already knew her husband because he is one of Frat brother's and I already was friend's with him on FB.

So I say keep swiping. Meet in a public place. Talk to them a lot, ask questions, and watch out for red flags. My boyfriend and I talked for hours on the phone before meeting and even still till this day we talk for at least a hour to two hours everyday after we get off from work.

It's hit or miss. I've met quite a few guys from Tinder; some have been better than others, but no true horror stories. I know several people who've met their SOs on Tinder so it's not all just hookups. You can really say that about any dating app, however my one complaint about Tinder is that you have to swipe through a LOT of mediocre White men to find the attractive Black men/MOC who aren't corny or reek of "new Black/I only date and associate with Whites" vibe. Could just be my area though

I think I'm going to take the plunge and see what's out there. Since you have to sign up with Facebook can they see all of your profile?

I'm not sure about the entire profile but I know they tell you if you have connections/friends in common so it may pull some things I don't think a lot of information.

Thanks ladies! I have pictures of my kid on Facebook so I don't want random people having access to all my pictures.

Will a new Facebook look suspicious if I dont have any friends?

Back