Time for a relaxer????

beana3

Okay ladies ...... On one hand i have bone straight hair on my head, it looks like a 1 something (after blow out)
confused.gif
and i would like to avoid relaxing that area (its the two sections just above my ear until 3 inches up) then the back of my hair is like a 3a and the rest of my hair is 4a(the crown and surrounding areas.)
I just blew my hair out, so it looks very straight overall..the MSM must be doing its work big time.

Does anyone only relax certain parts of their hair???? I think i would put the relaxer on these straight sections for like 5 mins and that's it. Is this stupid? I know most of my hair is screaming for a relaxer, but these sections have me worried

i'm having relaxer phobia AGAIN, but i nedd to get it right.

Beana3,

We spoke via PM and since your mom is doing it I think that should be fine to relax sections more so than others.

You should probably section the hair off to the exact parts that will use more relaxer than others. And then relax the parts that require the 5 minutes last. (Also base your scalp really well).

I'm sure if you discuss this with your mom and she really understands/sees what's going on with your hair, it should work..

I've known people that relaxed only parts of their hair at a time and they didn't have a problem....HTH and good luck!

thanks.. carmenrose. My mom gets antsy when she does my hair.. she complains and gets frustrated, but she'll just have to understand
blush.gif

Also this stick straight section is not the "norm" for my hair... the blow out in conjuction w/th loreal's taming creme must have done a number on it. its usually very wool-like and frizzy. BUt i really need a relaxer BAD for the most part
crazy.gif

Yeah, my mom would get like that too when she relaxed my hair..I think I made her nervous with my obssession..

If you section it yourself for her before hand (use the butterfly clips) so that she can perm the parts with underprocessing and overprocessing without mixing them up..I'm sure everything will go fine...Update us tho'

Back