Three Braids, y'all..,...

Amarech

All I need is 3 braids...Nas needed One Mike, Tyrese needs one ghetto chick, I need 3 braids!!:lol:

I think I may have finally found a braid out style that works for me! Traditional braid outs (if you want to call it that) are too much of a hassle. I have to part and braid (which I rarely feel like doing) then I have to do it in enough time for it to dry. When I took the braids (or twists) out, I'd have killer curl definition but that's where it ended. I'd have to deal with part lines and because I have a lot of hair (even after perming) I'd have this big voluminous thing on my head akin to an afro. too much.

Then one day I accidently "discovered" an easier way to a braid out. It takes me less than 5 min, I have no part lines to deal with and the end result is more of a vertical hang rather than horizontal volume. I first start out with a regular pony tail. I slick back my hair with gel, and comb conditioner through the pony tail. That's how my hair stays for the entire day. At night when I go to bed the tail is dry and ready for the braid out.

I take the pony tail holder down and go to work. I comb out my hair and make 3-4 medium to large single braids (you could call them box braids, but like I said, I don't do any parting) I add either more conditioner or a thick leave in to each braid and braid them tight. I secure the ends and put a scarf on. That's it!

when I wake up, I have these gorgeous deep waves (that look natural BTW) that hang down! So simple! The best part is that the front of my hair is straight so I can have sort of a bang if I want or half up half down.

I'm so excited because I was at a loss about what to do with my hair when I excercise. I mean, I like having a slicked back bun but not all the time! With my exercise schedule I needed an alternative. This is the perfect one. I'll be perfecting it over the next couple of days but I'm definately stuck on this style!

Sorry no pics.... I wouldn't even know where to begin with that!!!

What? You don't believe me????;) :p

I was afraid of this...maybe I could use my SO camera phone or something....

Taij said:
Sorry no pics.... I wouldn't even know where to begin with that!!!

What? You don't believe me????;) :p

I was afraid of this...maybe I could use my SO camera phone or something....

LOL

No I believe you, but I noticed that your hair is about the same length as mine, so I'm curious to know how you did it.

I don't like twist outs on my length of hair, so I was curious to know how you did it.

:grin:

that sounds good. I am wondering how you do this because we seem to be the same length. The front of my hair connot reach into a ponytail yet, will that be a problem if I try this? Also, I am natural so do you think that will make a difference??
any tips would be great, thxs

that sounds good. I am wondering how you do this because we seem to be the same length. The front of my hair connot reach into a ponytail yet, will that be a problem if I try this? Also, I am natural so do you think that will make a difference??
any tips would be great, thxs

No, that shouldn't be a problem. As long as you can grab some or most of your hair into a pony tail you should be set. Just make sure the front is as smooth as you can make it. Being natural shouldn't be a big deal either. And I braid them nice and tight. Not tight at the root, but the actual braid portion is tight. This is what seems to bring out the waves. :)

Back