THREAD for no reason - Random Hair Thoughts Here

Carla From VA said:
Tsmith and Gymfreak, y'all are a riot. We have been working together for almost 10 years, and she has seen my hair when it was natural, relaxed, weaved and some more, but she just atttributes it to "someone must be indian in your family line". So I was able to trace my family line back to slavery....all black skinned folks! When I told her that since my hair is fairly clean, it doesn't itch and I don't put heavy grease on my scalp, she was like HUH?

Don't y'all feel like you are on a 'mission from god' to educate sisters about taking good care of their hair so it can be beautiful?[/quote]

yup. all day :perplexed

Carla From VA said:
Tsmith and Gymfreak, y'all are a riot. We have been working together for almost 10 years, and she has seen my hair when it was natural, relaxed, weaved and some more, but she just atttributes it to "someone must be indian in your family line". So I was able to trace my family line back to slavery....all black skinned folks! When I told her that since my hair is fairly clean, it doesn't itch and I don't put heavy grease on my scalp, she was like HUH?

Don't y'all feel like you are on a 'mission from god' to educate sisters about taking good care of their hair so it can be beautiful?[/QUOTE]

It really hurts my heart to see good people with tore up heads of hair. Hair doesn't have to be long, I am not even a full shoulder length, but my hair is healthy. It has shine, body and I get steady growth. That is what matters. If she is up to it show her the site. Let here see the siggy pics of all the ladies that have come soo far. We all can't "indian" in our blood. We got that good conditioner on our heads.:cool:

angie10 said:
It makes sense alright, you're a vitamin junkie:lachen: *just kidding girl, I know how you feel*

I do need to tone down but man...I love everything I'm taking but one thing that I know is I do not need to be taking two hair vitamins..so one is going to go in the next 5 months:lol: :p

Carla From VA said:

Don't y'all feel like you are on a 'mission from god' to educate sisters about taking good care of their hair so it can be beautiful?

gymfreak started it:p :lol: but yah I know how you feel about trying to educate sisters on taking care of their hair...when I first joined....I talked to anyone who hair was jacked up and they did not want to hear it so now I lay low and now that my hair is getting healthier and stronger they wanna talk about it now:lol:

tsmith said:
I do need to tone down but man...I love everything I'm taking but one thing that I know is I do not need to be taking two hair vitamins..so one is going to go in the next 5 months:lol: :p

That's what I was thinking, so I decided to let one go. I will stick with Nioxin:grin:

Okay, so I'm at the airport waiting on my flight to LA (weekend trip)..and I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with all this curly weave and my natural edges

I TOTALLY forgot about the liquid rule on flights b/c I haven't flown in a year..and i'll be in too much of a rush when i get to LA so i couldn't check my badg....So I wasn't able to get my curls milkshake into a 3oz container...so I have some moisturizer spray poured into a couple of small bottles but not enought to take care of this mop on my hair

So i've been sitting in the airport terminal trying to figure what cheap thick moisturizer i can get to tame this hair for the next 2 days that i won't mind throwing out when i have to leave....Any ideas???

GoingNatural said:
Okay, so I'm at the airport waiting on my flight to LA (weekend trip)..and I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with all this curly weave and my natural edges

I TOTALLY forgot about the liquid rule on flights b/c I haven't flown in a year..and i'll be in too much of a rush when i get to LA so i couldn't check my badg....So I wasn't able to get my curls milkshake into a 3oz container...so I have some moisturizer spray poured into a couple of small bottles but not enought to take care of this mop on my hair

So i've been sitting in the airport terminal trying to figure what cheap thick moisturizer i can get to tame this hair for the next 2 days that i won't mind throwing out when i have to leave....Any ideas???

Well cantu creme and many of the sunsilk cremes are some good and cheap leave ins you should be able to find at any drugstore.

I'm annoyed at the condition of the black girls' hair at my school. I'm checking heads for lice and most of the puerto rican, dominican, biracial and white girls have very healthy, long, thick, nice smelling hair. Almost ALL of the little black girls have broken, thin, stringy, dry, dirty and damaged hair...... They look embarrassed. I feel bad for them.

I'm wondering why one little girls mom put a weave in her 6 year old's hair.:eek:

Last edited:
delta_gyrl said:
I'm annoyed at the condition of the black girls' hair at my school. I'm checking heads for lice and most of the puerto rican, dominican, biracial and white girls have very healthy, long, thick, nice smelling hair. Almost ALL of the little black girls have broken, thin, stringy, dry, dirty and damaged hair...... They look embarrassed. I feel bad for them.

I'm wondering why one little girls mom put a weave in her 6 year old's hair.:eek:

Yikes! I was once at a festival in DC, amd I saw a toddler in a stroller with a latch hook weave!! And the mom looked so proud.:perplexed

CurliDiva said:
I really believe that the women of LHCF know more than the average stylist about how to ensure the health and growth of BLACK hair!

And the fact that we are sharing this information among other black women is a BEAUTIFUL thing! ;)

I totally agree!

gymfreak336 said:
Well cantu creme and many of the sunsilk cremes are some good and cheap leave ins you should be able to find at any drugstore.

Thanks! I just sent a text telling my friend that our first LA stop is a drugstore!

I had a lady ask me for hair advice. I wrote everthing down and she left the office without it. Dog gone *****. Whatever, I am over it. I really want to flat iron and see my length. I am also thinking how much of a difference it has made to CON wash daily. I wonder how long my hair will be by July?

e$h said:
Well I went to get a multi-vitamin from Vitamin Shoppe last night and when I got to work this morning, I read that it wasn't a good pill:eek: . I opened the darn bottle and threw out the receipt last night. I dunno what pill to get now. So far I'm taking; biotin and b-complex/b12. I needed to add a multi to that but I'm not sure which one to get now. I might look into the flintstones complete.
Since I don't have my receipt, I'm thinking of exchanging it for some AO honeysuckle rose since I've been wanting to try it.

Hmmmmmm........... decisions, decisions.

one a day advance for women is a good vitamin plus it has the extra calcium in it that we need:)

I can't wait to get to BSL stretched.....
I can't believe curl activator gel made my hair lay down, no scarf needed......
I finally got my pj tendencies under control.....
Tryna figure out when or if I should do a length check or wait til the end of boot camp.....
That Amla & Olive heavy cream is a GREAT moisturizer for my arms and legs in this brutal winter weather.....

tsmith said:
one a day advance for women is a good vitamin plus it has the extra calcium in it that we need:)

Thanks tsmith:) . I'm headed out the door in a minute to swap.

gymfreak336 said:
Go ahead and get the aubrey. :grin:

Look at you. You sposed to tell me to get the vits instead. Darn P.J.:lol:
I'll prolly end up gettin both knowing me.

e$h said:
Thanks tsmith:) . I'm headed out the door in a minute to swap.

Your're welcome. I want to try the AO honeysuckle rose sooooo bad...I'm going to order it but right now I'm on the prowl to find dabur jasmine oil and that anomil oil....:) so I'm going to hold off on the honeysuckle rose until next month:p

tsmith said:
Your're welcome. I want to try the AO honeysuckle rose sooooo bad...I'm going to order it but right now I'm on the prowl to find dabur jasmine oil and that anomil oil....:) so I'm going to hold off on the honeysuckle rose until next month:p

What's the anomil oil? I haven't heard of this one.

e$h said:
What's the anomil oil? I haven't heard of this one.

I don't know if I spelled it right but it's by Dabur, the company that makes the vatika coconut oil, girl someone on here I forgot who it was, said they wanted to try it and now I want to get it...It is pure coconut oil with henna and alma...I'm getting ready to google it now:)

tsmith said:
I don't know if I spelled it right but it's by Dabur, the company that makes the vatika coconut oil, girl someone on here I forgot who it was, said they wanted to try it and now I want to get it...It is pure coconut oil with henna and alma...I'm getting ready to google it now:)

Sounds yummy:grin: . See that's a shame. All it took was for you to say you are about to try something and I come running:lol: . Keep me posted girl.

e$h said:
Sounds yummy:grin: . See that's a shame. All it took was for you to say you are about to try something and I come running:lol: . Keep me posted girl.

Here is the link to the anmol coconut oil...I don't think I want that right now but I am getting ready to order some jasmine hair oil and some vatika henna cream conditioning shampoo..anywho here's the link so you can see the anmol oil
http://store.asianfoodcompany.com/healthline-oils.html and I'm also not ordering from them because there's cheaper websites that sell these products.

*check this website out* http://www.eastwestbazaar.com/advan...&sid=23102f4a984a2d5562bdda34a2f60968&x=6&y=4 now I'm getting ready to order this anmol coconut oil..and they're stuff are really cheap*

Last edited:
Back