Those with under processed hair/texlaxers!! question pls...

Sherbetcane

What products do u use to get that sleek and smooth hair before u flat iron?
My hair is always frizzy!!!:nono: Am thinking maybe its the products i am using...:ohwell:
The very day i flat iron my hair, its silky and smooth, after some hours it looks like i am rocking a fro..:nono:
I really need help, or maybe texlaxing is just not for me??
help pls....

If you use any products with glycerin in them they will make you hair turn into an afro as soon as there is anytype of humidity...I learned that the hard way.

I'm texlaxed, but I never use any kind of direct heat. After washing, I apply a dime-sized amount of Giovanni Direct Leave-in Conditioner throughout my hair. My hair does best with minimal leave-in products.

To straighten my hair, I rollerset on 2" magnetic rollers. After drying my hair (partially with a bonnet dryer and finish by airdrying) I remove the rollers, crosswrap, and put on a durag for a few hours or overnight. Crosswrapping helps smooth out the hair and remove any roller indentations, but it's never "flat-iron" straight, which is fine with me.

The only reason why I straighten is to length-check. :look: Then I wear it straight for 1 day. After that, it's back to textured/curly styles like spiral sets and twistouts, which I prefer and are easier to do on underprocessed hair.

Texlaxing is definately for me because I don't want totally-straight hair. However, since you do, you might consider relaxing straighter. That way, your straight styles may last longer, with less dependence on the flat iron.

HTH :)

Are you blowdrying before flat ironing? You should try rollersetting...that way the hair is already a lot smoother and shinier before you even go to flat iron.

I like Nexxus Headdress for slip followed by any "serum" leave-in like CHI silk infusion, Biosilk silk therapy etc. Then a watery heat protectant if I'm using a flat iron, or a sheen spray if I'm doing a saran wrap treatment (gives comparable results if you don't mind shrinkage at the roots).

I use a leave-in and also a moisturizing mousse after DCing.

I really think the mousse helps by coating the hair strands and sealing moisture into the hair and protecting from the outside humidity.

I've learned that it's more about technique than the products. just make sure you get something that will resist humidity, that's the only thing i look for... and the results are the always the same, regardless of the product.

my hair stays straight longer when i rollerset and wrap in comparison to just flat ironing. Only about half of the length of my SL hair is texlaxed.......

Back