Those who wear weaves....

Anancy

How close to real hair does your weave look. I just had my first weaves done and as much as i love the look of it im not too pleased with the finishing at the top of my head.

The hairdresser said to me i would need to relax my hair if i wanted to cover the tracks and make it look more like my own hair, but i said no.

I know its my first weave, but im sure the finishing could look better than what it does now (or am i being too fussy), the thing is i didnt want to go to a salon who would have charged me from £150 to get it done.

2007_0714CloseUp0003.jpg

2007_0714Topofhair0002.jpg

sunshinelady said:
The only suggestion I have is to buy a closure for the top. Otherwise, that looks pretty good to me.

Thanks. By the way what is a closure, what does it look like?

It looks like a quick weave and I've always had a problem with the way they close the top so I always leave my hair out but I also do not wear hair on my face. Plus I am relaxed. I actually do not think it looks bad. It looks like most closings I've seen. But it is your hair and you are not happy; you are not happy and you are what matters. I personally prefer sew ins.

I like...I'm considering getting one to HYH challenge till the New Year. I've refrained so far because my BF hates fake hair. :(

the closure can get a lil expensive..if ur looking for a cheaper alternative buy a wig that matches the weave closely and cut off the top part...then sew it to the top of ur weave (this is what my mom does)...HTH:D

scarcity21 said:
the closure can get a lil expensive..if ur looking for a cheaper alternative buy a wig that matches the weave closely and cut off the top part...then sew it to the top of ur weave (this is what my mom does)...HTH:D

That sounds like a good idea, because i was just thinking gosh theyre a bit expensive. My work colleague seemed to think it looked fine, everyone at work liked my hair, i guess its not that bad, and only noticeable if you really looked hard.

Really i usually expect everything to be perfect, especially if im paying for it.

Back