THOSE WHO USE/USED PHYTO 1 YEAR OR MORE...

mommatide

AFTER AT LEAST 4 RELAXES WITH PHYTO, DID YOU

1) CONTINUE HAPPILY

2) DISCONTINUE AND USE A DIFFERENT RELAXER (IF SO, WHY?)

3) AND IF YOU CHOSE #2, HAVE YOU CONSIDERED GOING BACK TO PHYTO? IF SO, WHY?

TIA

I continued happily. I did try something else - silk elements, but hated it and it hated my hair. I tried SE because I was pretty broke at the time and needed to get my hair done - big mistake, I would have better better off waiting.

Anyway - several years later, I am a happy Phyto user.

ETA: I also use the Phyto shampoos and conditioners - love them!

bump! i really wan't to know if this is worth the money for the long-hall. i wan't to stick with it because i like the way my hair feel's ( relaxed but not flat) but iv'e only used it once...where are the phyto old head's?????????? oh yeah, it is friday night:lol:

i definitely continued happily. i love phyto! I started with index II but now use index I.

Last edited:
My first relaxer w/ Phyto II was on virgin hair in 2005. My second was a touch-up a 4 months later. My third was after a 1 year stretch in 2006. My fourth is scheduled for August.

So I guess ...1) CONTINUE HAPPILY!

I discontinued. Maybe I should have been using Index 2 and not 1, but it didnt get my hair straight enough. It was super soft, no burning, but not straight. And it was expensive. I may go back and try Index 2 in the future but I cant afford it right now.

Used index 2 since sep 05, its all I use, I'm mostly type 4b. I like how it leaves my hair, relaxed but not that stuck to the head look!
I think index 2 is best for type 4's

I mostly self relax (done that 4x) and when I get lazy, I have my mom do it.

I RELAXED WITH II. IT SEEM'S TO BE A HEAVY TEXLAX AS APPOSE TO SUPER STRAIGHT RELAXED. I WONDER IF DOWN THE LINE IT WILL CAUSE A PROBLEM IF I SWITCH TO SOMETHING ELSE....

Discontinued..unhappily. Loved it in the beginning but I had to find something else because my hair started getting dry and I couldn't retain moisture. It also didn't last long enough. After maybe 2-3 weeks it looked like I needed a touch up. Phyto wasn't the only relaxer that didn't last long. It took me awhile to find what I'm using now.

It works for a lot of people but it just didn't like me.:(

jasmin said:
After maybe 2-3 weeks it looked like I needed a touch up.

Whoa this happened to me and I thought it was the JBCO that did it, but maybe its just a fault with Phyto.

I used Index I to relax what I thought would be straight hair, ended up texlaxing leaving my hair in tact, just less shrinkage and and better definition. Come 3 weeks later its as if I never applied it to my hair. I didnt think it was possible for a chemical relaxer to "wear off", as I thought the breaks in the bonds were permanent.

I really think/thought my hair is just relaxer resistant. I tried several brands before I went natural I was never able to get bone straight, even with professional applications.

Weird :perplexed

I used the phyto 2...still didn't last. I thought it was me so I gave it 3 plus tries until I couldn't maintain moisture.

After my hair's first experience with Phyto Index 2, I happily continued using it. I have been using it for a little over three years now...smile...

I've self relaxed with phyto for over 2 years (Sherrylove was the one who convinced me to try it). Now I am thinking about switching to ORS olive oil because I realize that my hair never tangled as badly until I started using no-lye relaxers. I have had some monster tangles with both phyto and Mizani sensitive scalp and I'll do almost anything to avoid them.

jasmin said:
I used the phyto 2...still didn't last. I thought it was me so I gave it 3 plus tries until I couldn't maintain moisture.
Did you go back over the previously phyto'd hair with another kind of relaxer, or did you apply the new relaxer to only the NG?

OnAHairQuest said:
Did you go back over the previously phyto'd hair with another kind of relaxer, or did you apply the new relaxer to only the NG?

Well lets see...I switch to lye and I only touched up the new growth but it was bad. There was 2 textures. Eventually my hair broke off in one spot that it always breaks if there's a problem. It took me 3 lye relaxers to settle on the one I'm using now which is in my avatar. It was then that I just did a corrective to the bottom half of my hair.

I have happily continued using the relaxer made by the devil...
s513.gif

aka Phytospecific Index 2 since late 2004.

Not planning to switch to anything else at this time :) ...

I have been happily using Phyto II for a year and a half. I don't plan on switching to anything else. I have always managed to get it on sale and I only use half a jar each time, so while it is expensive, it hasn't been too terribly hard on the pocket.

Happily continuing with index 1.

I'll go back natural before I ever use another relaxer. The long term damage I get from others just isn't worth it.

Back