Those who have gotten two strand twists...

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
Haven't been around much lately....been pretty busy and plus since I am moving, we ain't got the internet anymore....anyways:

I may wan tto give my hair a slight break from braids....thinking of twists. How lng do they last you and do them thangs itch? They look like they would itch like crazy, but I dunno...

How long did they take to put in? And about how much are you charged?

Do you untwist them yourself or do you go get them professionally taken out?

How long doo you keep them in and how does that change if you are surging as well?

I made a post about twists I think a while back but I don;t feel like digging it up and I am asking a couple new qs anyways :)

Thanks.

P.S. Is this even a good style to have if you are trying to take a break from extensions? Or would you suggest something else?

4.5 hours and I paid $180

MY fiance helped me take them out with the unbraid spray so it wasnt hard AT ALL. It took us about 1.5 hours.

How long doo you keep them in and how does that change if you are surging as well?

I kept them in for 1 month but that is because I grew tired of it and needed a change. I LOVED them and would get them back if I could but now I have fusions so it will be a while before I do them again. Still, its a great way to take care of your scalp by keeping it moisturized. I wasked them once a week and applied surge and MTG concoction to my scalp. I also shampooed with NIOXIN which is great for your scalp. A cheaper alternative is to get your fav shampoo and add peppermint oil to it for the tingly effect which helps with the summer heat.

I made a post about twists I think a while back but I don;t feel like digging it up and I am asking a couple new qs anyways :)

Thanks.

P.S. Is this even a good style to have if you are trying to take a break from extensions? Or would you suggest something else?
It depends om YOUR hair. I say always give your hair a break. Either way you are manipulating your hair while they are being braided and/or twisted so YOU have to keep it strong. You can do this by DEEP conditioning every week and keeping it moiturized because the hair can suck all the moisture out of it.

[/QUOTE]

So you got your with extensions hair? I was thinking of getting mines without the extension hair...

This is off topic...but, how do you like your fusions? :-D

PittGirl06 said:
Haven't been around much lately....been pretty busy and plus since I am moving, we ain't got the internet anymore....anyways:

I may wan tto give my hair a slight break from braids....thinking of twists. How lng do they last you and do them thangs itch? They look like they would itch like crazy, but I dunno...

Thanks.

i've had micros three times and the twists were a GREAT break from actual braids. The best part is that it's so easy to untwist them! Normally I ask my stylist to help me take my braids out but with the twists... i took them out while watching tv :grin: i'm not sure what style you have in mind but mine cost $200 (i didn't buy my own hair) and after a week a couple of them came out. but that's probably my fault, because i can't go longer than one week without washing my hair. My stylist said i should wash my twists once every 3 weeks. They should have lasted 3 months but i took them out after a month... i wasted money i know but it was a nice short break... i just missed washing my hair and having a clean scalp.

PittGirl06 said:
So you got your with extensions hair? I was thinking of getting mines without the extension hair...

Yes I got mine with hair.

I love the fusions so far. It took some getting used to and its totally safe. Its a wax used to bond the hair to your own hair. I wear, wash and trat it like my own hair. I just cant sit under a dryer or put heat close to the site where the hair is bonded.

I twist my own hair since it is really easy. This time around it took me a really long time because I had long breaks. I usually leave them in for a week when I do them. With the stylist I usually leave it in for three weeks.

how much are they chargin to ge tthem done with your real hair? Here it's $150 at the place I normally go to.

PittGirl06 said:

hi there, :) im alittle confused what are fusions? :confused:

:lol: its ok girl...

Fusions: hair that is bonded to your own hair strand by strand using wax or in some cases glue. the benefit is that it is really flexible and wearable like my own hair. Drawbacks, no heat at the bonding site as tht will melt the wax and therefore make the hair fall out. So far so good. Im not afraid of it breaking my hair because I tested taking one out with heat and it came out with no problem. In the winter its better because I work out now 3 times a week and wear a headband so with the heat from my head and the DC humidity it doesnt help AT ALL!

Here is a look at how it is done: http://www.texastandi.unt.edu/curriculum/lessons/cosmetology/hairfusion/hairfusion.pdf

How long did they take to put in?
It took about 5 hours
And about how much are you charged? 300.. 150 for the hair and 150 to get it done.. but it was Pleased with it so I was happy

I always take out my hair myself.. I can take my time and do it right

I dont know what Surge is but the last time Ive used human hair for kinky twists it lasted for 3 months

Its a protective style...just make sure u condition ur hair before and after the braids.. braids dont work miracles so if ur hair is breaking out then u dont need braids or twists

Back