Those w/temporarily short hair 2 inch chllng

keylargo

Okay all, let's post our regimens here. We need to help each other add on two inches of healthy hair by December. Long-haired ladies , please coach us. Let us know if we're doing something wrong.
notworthy.gif

I have about 1/2 inch of new growth already that I'm not counting in my current length of 3 inches.

My current regimen is:
Weekly protein treatments with either hi-pro-pac, kpac or aubrey's GPB. I follow the treatment with a moisturizing conditioner like kenra,lekair or humecto

For Daily moisture, I spray with distilled water/essential oil/coconut oil combo. Sometimes I'll add glycerin or aloe vera gel to this combo. I may throw some curl activator and curl moisturizer in at times too.

I relax with revlon regular strength every 8 weeks but pushing for 10 weeks.

I just re-stocked on my vitamins. I'm taking every day the following:
Buried Treasures liquid prenatal plus complete (a multi-vitamin)
Buried Treasures liquid calcium plus (a multi-mineral mix)
Now's 500 mg Methionine w/B6 (tried cysteine before but didn't notice any extra growth)
B-complex (will purchase today and take once or twice a day)

Protective style:
Sewn in weave done weekly

I've got 2.5 to 3 inches of relaxed hair.My regimen:
Washing my hair twice a week, deep conditioning once a week and conditioning once a week. Protein treatments and clarifying done once a month. I plan on retouching every 5 to 6 months.
Vitamin regimen:
MSM 1000mg
Biotin 8mg
Silica
Digestive enzymes
Evening Primose 1000mg
Omega H3 multivitamin and multimineral supplements
B5 800mg.
Products:
Aphogee treatment for damaged hair
Aphogee balancing mosturiser
Cream of nature shampoo
Fantasia claryfying shampoo
Infusium 23
Motions relaxer
Motions CPR treatment
Motions moisture plus conditioner
Motions nourish leave in conditioner
Motions neutralising shampoo
Protective growth n repair
Protevtive growth n healing
ORS carrot oil
ORS Olive oil
ORS Jojoba oil
Castor oil
Wild hair growth oil.
cool.gif

YEAH! SHORT HAIRED WOMEN UNITED!!!
bouncy.gif
I'm getting braids soon so my regimen will only consist of a braid spray daily, vitamins, dry wash once a week and maintaining my diet. I am changing over to Hair Energizer vitamins only because they are cheap and you only need to take two a day.
grin.gif
Good luck ladies!

My hair is natural, and about 1.5" long. I just did the big chop down to about 1/4" in August, so I believe it's growing well.

Weekly wash routine:
*Honey/Hot Oil pretreatment (sit under dryer for 20-30 min)
*Shampoo
*Condition

Mid-week:
*Wet hair, No-poo Deep condition under the dryer

Daily Styling:
*Wet hair when necessary, not daily anymore trying to gear up for winter.
*Rub rosemary growth gel on my thin edges morning and night
*Elasta QP Design pomade (use after washing, great for my natural coils)
*Dime sized amounts of Aveda Elixir, Carol's Daughter Hair Milk, and Carol's Daughter Ecstasy Jelly (shine and great smell)

Miscellaneous
* Use semi-permanent color every three weeks(Currently using Loreal Color Active Spa in Glossy black--Sometimes use Hennalucent in neutral for conditioning effects)

Vitamins
*Multi-vitamin
*Evening Primrose Oil
*MSM
*Biotin
*Nettle
*Silica
*Flax Seed Oil
*Gelatin pills

I am going to join this challenge. It more suits me

I have 4, 3, 2 , 1 inches/inch of hair. and in those inches about 1/2 - 1 inch of hair is not bleached. See i got addicted to bleaching hair but didnt yet know about the damage it could cause. Even though i have maintained it well for almost 3 years , now that i came to the board i feel like my hair is quickly worsened. Sooooo .. im going to join this challenge:

1. Do not look at pics of other ladies ( it sort of discourages me)
2. Remember when my hair was 1 inch past shoulder length - very healthy and black
3. Try to maintain this stupid short-do in protective styles
4. Do the same thing i did for the past 3 years, but with more knowledge
5. Take my multi-vitamins daily

I don't want to stretch my hair back in one, so i will be leaving my hair open, either i will use a curling iron once a week ( which i never had a problem with before) or airdry.

I want the back of my hair to reach shoulder length which will take another 3-4 inches i think. So that will most likely happen in February.
- im not going to keep checking my hair growth
- keep ends moisturised with Vaseline
- deep condition once a week, and hot oil right afterwards rinse with just water.
-wash my hair every three days

i started to ramble. So im in

add me in too!! the longest bit of my hair is about 4 inches. I definatly want the 2 inches by december but i'm on the crown and glory thing now so there isnt much i can do but

-take vits contnuously
-drink more water
-exercise more
-deep condition in between havin my hair done.

hey ladies!!!
i have about 2-3 inches all around(100% naptural w/ some curlies thrown in) and december's my bday month,so it would be the perfect pressie(to myself,lol)anyhoo,here's my regimen:
~conditioner wash EVERYDAY
~deep condition w/ le kair cholesteral (the thick orange stuff;P,im addicted.tryin' to stop cuzza the petroleum!)and sometimes i deep C/O with a mixture of 2 whompin spoonfuls honey,a capful or 2 olive oil and a lil bit of whateva tea im drinking,works great if you leave it on longer^=^
~wash every deep C/0 because of build-up
~scalp massage wheneva im wettin my hair
~wear staulking cap whenevers possible
~trying to do protective styles asMUCHasPOSSIBLE(harder w/ short hair!!
~going to start trimming(SHAME!,i havent been;O
~send me a pm if you wanna know what i'de like to add,cause i H***A***T***E typing for to long !!!!
chaio
eripmaven

I have about 3-4 inches, 5 and 6 inches in some spots. My regimen is pretty bare in comparison, but I think my hair is growing fine with minimal bothering.
smile.gif

-I usually wash every Saturday night. I just finished my bottle of Aubrey Island Naturals shampoo. It wasn't that spectacular for the money, so I switched to Nature's Gate Jojoba shampoo. I have yet to see any spectacular results...

-I still use Aubrey Island Naturals Rinse for conditioning.
-after washing, sometimes I comb through with a pick, but I mostly use my fingers.

-when damp or dry, I twist. I usally leave the twists in for a few days, and then wear a twist out until I'm ready for the next washing. Lately I've been experimenting with puffs and headbands, but I don't like picking it out everyday. I think it's causing me to lose a lot of hair or moisture from my hair, so I won't do that very often anymore.

-Every other day, I either apply Olive cream to my scalp or I spray with Pink Shortlooks SassAFraz.

-I need to start drinking more water though! I'm at 2-3 cups a day, I need to drink more!

-Also, I desperately need a trim. So I have to work up the courage to do that.

My relaxed hair is currently four to six inches in length.

My current regimen:

Shampoo weekly, followed by a moisturizing deep conditioning treatment, followed by application of a leave-in conditioner, followed by application of setting lotion. I wet roller set, and sit under the hood dryer for 30-45 minutes. I allow the curls to cool for about ten minutes. Then, I apply an oil moisturizer to the scalp, massage into hair and scalp, and then perform a doobie wrap. Finally, I comb out and style.

I peform a clarifying treatment and protein conditioning treatment approxinately once per month.

northernbelle

Ladies, I wore my hair out yesterday (without the weave). I curled it with a curling iron to give it shape and style. I got so many compliments from my family! They complimented me on how full and healthy it looked. I didn't know it looked that much healthier and thicker but, apparently it did. Plus, I still have a little bit of damaged ends left from my overprocessed hair days. I'm just waiting for more length before I trim them.

Sometimes, when you are constantly working with and looking at your hair, it's hard to notice gradual improvements. Since my family had not seen my own hair in about a year, they noticed right away. I'm so please with myself and I know now that I am right on track!

Today I'm putting my hair back into it's protective style-the weave. I can't imagine curling and styling my hair everyday. After I get me 2 inches, I should be able to do rollersets.

I have made a few changes to the original regimen that I posted. I've purchased Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae Hair Mask. I'll be using it weekly for protein treatments and a moisturizing conditioner (humecto)afterwards.

I'm also in search of another multi-vitamin. The prenatal liquid vitamin doesn't seem to be doing much for me....

congrats keylargo.
i figured that im done looking at my hair all the time. I never did it before and my hair got far , so im just going to wash it every three days and moisturise

i have about about 3-4 inches of hair. ive just went to the shopt to get a trim. its taking off.
one huge question that i have for temporary short heads is how often are you going to be trimming ends to keep them healthy/undamaged during the growing out process?
ive suggested to myself trimming once every 12 months.
what is everyone else doing?

i am not going to do any trimming unless the ends of my hair appear frizzy or feel brittle or fuzzy. That would happen if i dont take care of my hair.. which i plan to so that shouldt be happening anytime soon. I may trim it next April

I'm not planning on trimming anytime soon. At least not for the next 3 months. I'm not having much breakage and I want to learn how to keep my ends moisturized. I still have a little bit of damage left on my ends but I"m experimenting with them. My personal theory is the more I trim, the less I'll know how to care for my ends. They have improved over the past month so I'm off to a good start.

Hi..I did the Big Chop back in March to 2 in. Right now I have 4-6 in. of hair, I guess. It's good to see the 'temporarily short' here!

Right now my routine is:
Conditioner Wash 4-5 times/week with Suave 'whatever' (right now it's Passion Flower)
Towel dry and apply Elasta QP Mango Butter
Sometimes I pick it out, sometimes I don't...but 99% of the time it is in a puff
On days I don't conditioner wash I spray with water with a little Suave in it
This fall I plan to alternate between braids, the puff, twists, and pressing. And get a trim at some point because my ends are (finally!) getting a little rough. I've never been able to go 6 months though!

Oh and I forgot...I shampoo once a week with CON shampoo in the green/white bottle and deep condition with Daily Defense Tender Apple with plastic cap for 20 min. to a couple of hours.

Currently lookin' for a different deep conditioner though....

hey short hair crew.

Well I was going to try the crown and glory technique but my hair counldn't hold the braids I had them in for three weeks. But they were helpful, because it got my hair finally soft. I had a hard time with dry ends and brittle hair. And it looks fuller and maybe a little longer.

From my braid experience, I see my hair does well on weekly-10 day washes with CON. My hair also likes Braid Spray ( afrian Royal.

Regimen: At night I going to dampen hair over sink and massage olive or jojoba oil in.

Morning: I'll let it get steam and puff up in the shower, from that it should be damp. Until it gets colder I'll spray African royal. Maybe do Co washes as I feel is necessary.

As the wind gets more fierce and colder, I spray UBH dew in the morning, then I'll put a creme mositurizer ( hollow wood olive oil or another creme.)

When I start using the cremes, I wash with con maybe every 3-4 days to break up heavy products.

Try to detangle hair once every 3 weeks, supposedly my hair doesn't like manipulation ( combing, or detangle with conair faked denman brush), so I'm going to let it be and finger detangle as I put products in my hair.

Hi everyone! I hope all is going well. Well, I've made a few changes to my original regimen posted here.

I no longer wear a sewn in weave. I'm doing the ponytail w/ baggie method.
I do conditioner washes almost every day. Currently, I'm using humecto, kenra, or suave freesia conditioner.
I do protein treatments at least once a week. I'm loving the blue green algae mask by Aubrey organics. I also like Keraphix by Nexus. I always follow-up with a moisturizing conditioner.

After I condition, I spray my hair a little bit with a glycerin/coconut/rosemary oil combo. It seems to do a good job with detangling my hair. I then use a little carefree curl gold 99% oil free activator-which I love. then, I slick it back with worlds of curls activator and a little styling gel around the edges.

Now, i give my ends special care because they are dryer then the rest of my hair. I don't put the worlds of curls on the ends too much. I put my hair in a ponytail and then put conditioner (either the suave or kenra) on the ends. I then coat with vaseline, apply the baggie, then add my fake ponytail piece. Then I'm done
bdance.gif

sounds like a lot of work, but my ends are looking and feeling a lot better already.

Hi ladies,
My hair has taken off, just had a recent growth spurt. I measured my hair today after 30 days of getting a relaxer and my new growth is just over 1 inch long in most parts of my head, and half an inch in some parts
shocked.gif
. I am actually very excited about this!!!

[ QUOTE ]
brandy said:
Hi ladies,
My hair has taken off, just had a recent growth spurt. I measured my hair today after 30 days of getting a relaxer and my new growth is just over 1 inch long in most parts of my head, and half an inch in some parts
shocked.gif
. I am actually very excited about this!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to go Brandy
clap.gif

Is there anything different about your regimen these days?

Back