Those that use Suave Naturals Coconut

soulchild

Are these the ingredients in your bottle?

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Silk Amino Acids, Honey, Nettle Extract, Rosemary Extract, Coconut Extract, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Glycerine, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Propylene Glycol, and Methylisothiazolinone

This is what is in mine. I heard they changed the formula awhile ago. Is this the new or old? I'm confused
confused.gif

Walgreens.com has these ingredients:

Water Aqua , Cetyl Alcohol , Coconut Extract Cocos Nucifera , Glycerin , Propylene Glycol , Silk Amino Acids , Honey Mel , Nettle Extract Urtica Dioica , Rosemary Extract Rosmarinus Officinalis , Cetrimonium Chloride , Potassium Chloride , Fragrance Parfum , Distearyldimonium Chloride , Disodium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone

And I remember seeing one somewhere that didn't have as impressive ingredients (All the good stuff was at the bottom). I'm just asking because I want to know what the newer formula is and if I should stockpile the one I have now just in case it's been discontinued.

TIA

Hello,

I use suave tropical coconut conditioner everyday. Although, I'm not sure what the ingredients are here is how I decide which version is the old one: The old version is thick, creamy and very moisturizing for my 3c/4a natural hair. The new version is not as thick, seems watery to me & doesn't moisturize my hair. So, whenever I am in a store about to purchase them I open each bottle looking for that thick consistency, if is doesn't easily move around in the bottle - if so, it's the version I purchase. Wal Mart seems to have the old version and I stock up, usually I buy 5 bottles at a time. Also, 99 cents stores have the old version's too.

Hope this helps.
wink.gif

soulchild I noticed this!!

I went to re-purchase mine approx 3 weeks ago and when I got home, noticed the ingredients didn't somehow seem as good. Like it wasn't quite right. I checked with an older one I still had some left in and yes, they were different. The old one has the top list of ingredients you listed with the good extracts starting higher on the list
mad.gif

Two days ago I just bought a super sized bottle with the old ingredients. This is getting like Lanza protein plus shampoo saga all over again
frown.gif

Why do hair companies keep doing these formula changes? I'm so glad I'm more into reading labels now if not I'd do like what alot of consumers would and just continue using it without realizing....

When did the formula change? Or when did you notice, I bought some conditioner in August, did you see the change then?

I think that there are 2 seperate coconut suave conditioners out... the SUAVE NATURALS Tropical Coconut, and the suave NATURAL CARE Tropical Coconut... I bought the natural care one by mistake, then went back and got the naturals. It would be pretty dumb to make products so similar... or is it the same product after all? I'm confused... anyways, I use both of them give me the same results.

Now I'm looking at both ingredient lists. The natural care one matches the one that's on walgreens.

The naturals one says this:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Fragrance, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropane-1,3-Diol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Propleyn Glycol, silk amono acids, Honey, Nettle extract, Rosemary extract, coconut extract

I guess the one that I have is the new one! The one on walgreens isn't suave naturals, it's suave natural care.

I never tried the old one before...

Thanks for the replies guys. I suspect that they might be discontinuing the one I have (the thicker one) so I'll be purchasing more just in case.

The Natural Care one that Purtygurl listed doesn't seem as good.

I also noticed this is kayla2000's first post, WELCOME
wave.gif

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
Thanks for the replies guys. I suspect that they might be discontinuing the one I have (the thicker one) so I'll be purchasing more just in case.

The Natural Care one that Purtygurl listed doesn't seem as good.

I also noticed this is kayla2000's first post, WELCOME
wave.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks

Mine isn't either one! Ok now I'm really confused. I checked and double checked and my ingredients list is not the same as either of those 2 that soulchild posted. What's up with that?

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
Thanks Purtygurly, I had no idea there were two formulas!

164772.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like there are 3

Back