Those horrible ends!

wish4length

I've been checking out these albums of BSL and longer and I have a question (because it applies to me too)

Why does almost everyone's hair look damaged or dry at SL then all of a sudden they look great at APL or beyond???

Even those that wear buns and other protective styles so that the hair isn't brushing against your collar.....
I know people get trims, but a lot of it is the same ends because many of us don't trim.....
Does the hair just up and decide to retain moisture better when it is longer?
What gives???:ohwell:

is it due to the fact that the hair gets heavier has it gets longer, so there's less chance of frizz? IDK....just speculating....

Because SL is the most vulnerable length. You have to PC, and moisturize even more at that length. Once you get past that length you can PC less often if you desire. But oddly for me I PC all the way to a little past BSL before I decided to transition.

Methinks it's because SL hair's ends land right at the shoulders so endure a lot of abuse from your collar, clothes, etc. Think of filing a nail by holding an emery board perpendicular to the edge; that makes the nail shorter.

Beyond shoulders, the ends lie parallel to your body rather than perpendicular to it. So it's not like they're being filed away. Think of buffing a nail by holding a buffer parallel to it. That doesn't really do much to the edge of the nail.

Hmm maybe a lot of people can get to SL without all the knowledge you can find here... once they join LHCF they quickly get to APL and beyond, while also improving the look of their hair?

SL is one of the biggest hurdles, my SL hair looked great once I realized that rubbing on collar was not alllowed, but before I knew this it was hard to get past.

Back