This stuff actually straightened my new growth!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Tee
  • Start date Start date
T

Tee

I'm talking about Ion Straightening Shampoo and Conditioner. I used it for the first time tonight, and my new growth looks noticeably elongated. I have about 5 months of new growth, and it is getting harder and harder to manage. These products, especially the conditioner worked so well on my new growth! I wasn't expecting much from products that claim to "straighten" hair, but I am pleasantly suprised at how well they worked. The shampoo is very very gentle. It has no sls/sles. Instead, it uses sodium myreth sulfate, a very mild cleansing agent which is also used in Kenra shampoos. It moisturizes the hair nicely. The star product of this duo is definitely the Straightening Conditioner. It's very moisturizing and provides a bit of slip. I'm very impressed by the ingredients, which include shea butter, aloe vera, panthenol, and glycerine (all excellent moisturizers).

Your post has reminded me that straightening conditioners seem to also be very moisturizing. I say this from remembering how Lanza Straight Line conditioner did the exact same thing of elongating re-growth REALLY well and at the same time, noticing my hair was alot softer and moisturized. A side effect I hadn't expected since it was just the re-growth I was testing it for.

There's something to be said for 'straightening' conditioners. I completely agree with you
smile.gif

True! I think these type of conditioners have extra moisturizers to "weigh down" the curls and coax them into being straighter.

Re: This stuff actually straightened my new growth

what is your hairtype Tee?
I cant see anything stretching out my roots.They are very kinky...no waves whatsoever.

Thanks for the review. Sounds wonderful! Im on the challenge to stretch the touchup to 16 weeks. Im wondering if it wouldnt hurt to invest in some Ion or Lanza. Hmmmmmmm.

[ QUOTE ]
Tee said:
True! I think these type of conditioners have extra moisturizers to "weigh down" the curls and coax them into being straighter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, exactly. I just re-read the lanza website about the ingredients in the straight line conditioner and the oils are there to help elongate curls AND provide more moisture. Dang I'm talking myself into getting a bottle tomorrow I just know it
laugh.gif
(it was only a sample sachet that I tried of it that got me hooked).

Hmm, I'm not doing anything at lunch time tomorrow...

Hmm, might be helpful for a transitioner like me! Will have to look into those products...in January/February of course!

[ QUOTE ]
Tee said:
The star product of this duo is definitely the Straightening Conditioner. It's very moisturizing and provides a bit of slip.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say it provides "a bit of slip" a take it it doesn't provide much? Was your hair combable after rinsing it out?
confused.gif
Just wanted to know, cuz while I transition I need to stick w/ conditioners that provide LOTS of slip!
smile.gif

This sounds really interesting. When I get off this product challenge (and my list is growing fast!), I may test this for my new growth.

When I purchase a flat iron from Sally's during the summer the conditioner was thrown in for free. I'll have to try it during my next wash. Thanks for the review!

sounds good, I am also transitioning, this product might help, I wonder if this will work on all hair types
Iam a 4a/b

[ QUOTE ]
Leshia said:
*blank stare* *glimpses at wallet**

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
I'm with you Leshia
confused.gif
confused.gif
oh well I feel myself giving in
laugh.gif

I like the ION Straightening Shampoo, too. I got a free bottle with my Jilbere flat iron and finally gave it a try.

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Shampoo has sodium myreth sulfate as the main detergent, too. It's another one that claims to "smooth and soften unruly hair" and "reduce blow-dry time". I've never used it, but it has a nice, fruity scent.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
I like the ION Straightening Shampoo, too. I got a free bottle with my Jilbere flat iron and finally gave it a try.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you liike the smampoo for it's moisturizing properties or doe it straighten some?

My hair is medium-thick 3c/4a. As far as how much slip the conditioner gives, it doesn't give much. I like a lot of slip in my conditioners, too, and after using this, I was like "is this all the slip you're gonna give me?!?". In other words, it give some slip, but leaves you wanting more. I'm willing to sacrifice the extra slip for the moisture it gives. My hair is still very very soft one day after using this conditioner.

It doesn't straighten my hair. But it does leave my hair clean w/o being stripped, soft w/o a slippery feel and it's not all tangled up. I haven't tried the straightening conditioner yet.

This Ion Straightening Conditioner moisturized and straightened my tightly coiled 4b new growth to gentler waves. I'm mixing it with Surge in an applicator bottle to combat the protein crunchiness that Surge induces when applied alone.

I think the shea butter in the Ion Straightening Conditioner is what's straightening and softening the curls.
brainy.gif
I'm gonna try mixing Wondergro Shea Butter with the Surge when the Ion conditioner is gone...

I'm going to try it, thanks for the info.

/images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif Hmmm...helps straighten new growth...I wonder if this ION straightening shampoo and/or conditioner will help be extend my relaxer touch-ups...does ION make any other products besides the shampoo or conditioner that I can use on dry hair to straighten my new growth???? /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I just bought the Lanza Strait line poo and conditioner have not used them yet.

Uh oh, now Im gonna have to try this....Im trying to stay on the straight and narrow but no one will let me! LOL

All these reviews on products is making me go to Sallys or the BSS everyday...lol they know me by name now ...not just by face!!lool

I have bought so many products this week based on all the reviews. This ION review sounds good like it might be nice to try. I will probably pick up a bottle at Sally's tomorrow..I am in there every other day....I will put this in my stash. For now I am totally hooked on KENRA Moisturizing Shampoo and KENRA Moisturizing Conditioner.

Back