This "Silicon Mix" you speak of...

puddin

What is it??? I just stumbled upon sickbay and there it was... is this the same "Silicon Mix" that everyone talks about on the board... I always assumed that it was a "mix" that was homemade... which one do you order??? I wanna try it!!! :rolleyes:

I've only ever tried the conditioner. My first purchase was a couple of months ago, and I got a 16 oz. jar. It's not used up yet, but I plan on getting the 60 oz. tub they sell, because I am HOOKED

It didn't do anything for my hair. And it was to expensive with S&H to only get two uses out of it.

I love love love Silicon Mix. Its is a good mild protein deep conditioner. I usually put Silicon Mix and Organics Hair Mayo and DC for 20mins every other wash. It gives great slip, tangle free hair.

When my hair is freshly relaxed it was not that great and I was thinking about getting rid of it but now that I have hella newgrowth it's great and I luv it:lick: It makes my hair so soft and manageable, I will be ordering more tommorow cuz i'm almost out.

Silicon Mix was my first love of Dom cond. That along with 10 en 1. I guess because they received raved review from the ladies here. Since then I've discovered sooo many other Dom cond that I like much better. But, I do still like Silicon Mix even though I have not used it in a minute.

Silicon Mix is my favorite... I used it on mine and my daughters hair! I also love the smell... it give me great slip and makes my hair soo soft!

See, I bought the Silicon mix conditioner and the Dfina 11 en 1 together when I dc. Now I wanna try LaBomba but I want to use these up first,lol. I also have the Silicon mix leave in but I wonder if the Lacio is better.

Last edited:
I also have the Silicon mix leave in but I wonder if the Lacio is better.

I LOVE me some Silicon Mix!!! The conditioner is just the best. As soon as I used it I realized from the smell that this was what the hairdressers used on my hair when I was in my teens. I went to Dominican salons (that's all we had in my hood)and my hair has never again been that long, strong and healthy.
I'm glad I found it.......hopefully I'm on my way back to long, strong and healthy hair! Give it a try!

When my hair is freshly relaxed it was not that great and I was thinking about getting rid of it but now that I have hella newgrowth it's great and I luv it:lick: It makes my hair so soft and manageable, I will be ordering more tommorow cuz i'm almost out.

Wow thats a whole lot of growth in the span of three months!!

I just got some; I will let you know if I love it or not.

BTW, congrats on the baby, Shadylane! :)

Shadylane, may I ask what in the world you are using on your hair??!?! I just noticed your siggy and the comparison pics. Girl, you have got some serious growth goin on there!!!

I just bought a HUGE tube of Silicon Mix and Miss Keys 10 en 1 yesterday!!! :grin: I felt really foolish @ first b/c it was seriously "salon size" :blush: but its worth and it lasts!!! :yep:

NaturalJoy, don't feel silly. I too bought a salon sized jar of silicon mix last week!

Any ladies in the Philly area, there is a GREAT BSS near Aramingo and Castor that carries a TON of Dominican products.

Silicon Mix was my first love of Dom cond. That along with 10 en 1. I guess because they received raved review from the ladies here. Since then I've discovered sooo many other Dom cond that I like much better. But, I do still like Silicon Mix even though I have not used it in a minute.

What she said!

Wow! I don't know what to say. Thanks for the compliments:grin: I have basically been living on this board since Semptember, before this board I had no idea what to do for my hair:nono: My hair has always grown fast but not like this so I guess I have to say that what helped my hair was.

1.Quality products and quality does not mean big bucks all the time.

2.Frequent washing or co-washing 2-3wk(I was washing like once every few weeks:wallbash: because I didn't think my hair needed to be washed frequently.)

3.Protective styling(not so much buns but I luv to keep my hair up in hair zings:yep: and it's cute

4.Low or no heat(Before I would use heat on high daily and I could smell my hair cinging but I still did it:wallbash:) Now I airdry or use the ionic bonnet I also hardly use the flat iron or blowdryer.

5.Lots of D/C protien tx's as needed

6.I still comb and brush but I try not to as much.

7.Mousterise daily and at night

8.Keep hair protected at night with silk scarf and bonnet for extra:yep:

I also used biotin 5mg daily for like the first month along with MSM 1500, I didn't think it was working but looking at the pictures maybe it did. I also used MN for a couple of weeks in oct/nov and I got some really good newgrowth from that. I hope that helps. I have no secrets so if I failed to montion something you want to know, hit me up:grin:

Oh and by the way thanks for the congrats on the pregnancy:theteam:I am super excited! I have 3 boys and I am hoping for the girl, I know i'm crazy:spinning:

This is the trick...when your hair get's "nappy" the S. Mix is the bomb for making it soft... great for stretching and when you use heat on your hair...

Wow! I don't know what to say. Thanks for the compliments:grin: I have basically been living on this board since Semptember, before this board I had no idea what to do for my hair:nono: My hair has always grown fast but not like this so I guess I have to say that what helped my hair was.

1.Quality products and quality does not mean big bucks all the time.

2.Frequent washing or co-washing 2-3wk(I was washing like once every few weeks:wallbash: because I didn't think my hair needed to be washed frequently.)

3.Protective styling(not so much buns but I luv to keep my hair up in hair zings:yep: and it's cute

4.Low or no heat(Before I would use heat on high daily and I could smell my hair cinging but I still did it:wallbash:) Now I airdry or use the ionic bonnet I also hardly use the flat iron or blowdryer.

5.Lots of D/C protien tx's as needed

6.I still comb and brush but I try not to as much.

7.Mousterise daily and at night

8.Keep hair protected at night with silk scarf and bonnet for extra:yep:

I also used biotin 5mg daily for like the first month along with MSM 1500, I didn't think it was working but looking at the pictures maybe it did. I also used MN for a couple of weeks in oct/nov and I got some really good newgrowth from that. I hope that helps. I have no secrets so if I failed to montion something you want to know, hit me up:grin:

Oh and by the way thanks for the congrats on the pregnancy:theteam:I am super excited! I have 3 boys and I am hoping for the girl, I know i'm crazy:spinning:

Thanks for the info and congrats on your pregnancy.

Back