This question is for you if you work out, are relaxed and wrap your hair.

Dymmeonds

Hey Ladies,

I have been trying to get healthier and have taken to jogging in the last week, but with disastrous results to the bounce of my hair....:ohwell:. Are any of you ladies relaxed and work out on the regular and still maintain the bounce, swing and/or shine?

All of your help is appreciated! TIA...:kisses:

I plan my work outs so that it's before I do my hair for the week.. Or I'll let my hair be down and straight for the 3 days I don't go to the gym.

The way I sweat.. it's no resolving it to wear it down again. You can maybe do a cute pony (big maybe). So I learned to do twist outs and the such. I don't like my hair to be poofy at the roots (because of stretching) and if I sweat.. only thing will fix it is straightening again.

I have just come to the conclusion that I just can wear it down unless i just got a fresh relaxer. then what I do is spray some oil sheen and wrap real tight! its not as flowy but it is still silky and shiny!

um i co-wash everyday and wear a wet bun or wear it half up and curly in the back. the only day i'll flat iron and blowdry is on saturdays IF i'm up for it so i'll look halfway decent for sundays. typically i'll only flat iron and blowdry once a month since i co wash everyday.

um i co-wash everyday and wear a wet bun or wear it half up and curly in the back. the only day i'll flat iron and blowdry is on saturdays IF i'm up for it so i'll look halfway decent for sundays. typically i'll only flat iron and blowdry once a month since i co wash everyday.

Are you natural or relaxed?

I put it in a ponytail which is kind of high/in the middle of the head. I take the hair that is out of the ponytail and I make it in a loop and pin it (or Ill roll it on one big gray roller). When my hair is dry after the workout, I take it down and it still looks good.

I sweat so bad around my edges that there is no way i can be cute after a workout. My hair is in buns all week. I wish I could still have my swang and shine but it aint happenin unless I wash and rollerset again.

What helps me is increasing how often I co-wash. I exercise 5 days a week, and work up a good sweat. I co-wash every other day, but you can rinse with plain water every day. That helps get rid of the salt from the sweat on your hair and scalp. Also, 1-2 times a week you can either do an ACV rinse or co-wash with lemon juice to restore the natural acidity of your hair. I do this and my hair remains soft and bouncy, despite exercise.

P.S. I prefer using lemon juice, but I like to co-wash with it instead of doing a rinse because lemon juice, when left in hair, lightens it over time.

I'm relaxed(transitioning) and I wear my hair straight 95% of the time;I workout at least 3 days a week intense. I just put my hair in a bun so that the ends wont get wet from sweat. I can't work out with a hat or scarf on because i get a headache. When i get home i just tye down the edges and im good to go. My hair is still bouncy. Also, if my hair gets oily or whatever, I use the dry shampoo spray by ojon.

Thanks Soulie...I also just saw the post about the 50% off coupon on this product so I think I will try it.

Ladies let me know how this sounds....every Saturday (after I overnight pre-poo) my SIL/Stylist washes and sets. I also then wrap in plastic wrap and sit under the dryer for a little extra bounce:grin:.

Do you think it will work if I add a little SMB prior to the plastic wrap-n-dryer situation...add a little more after that....keep my hair in a tight ponytail with a scarf around my edges...(:grin:Sorry you all gave such good ideas:grin:...I am trying to incorporate them all)?

Last edited:
Back