This might be a really DUMB question but. . .

where does your relaxed hair go when you grow it out? Like, does it disappear? (<-joking) I'm currently transitioning but I'm confused about where the relaxed hair goes. Please don't slaughter me ladies. . .

Hi there is no such thing as a dumb question lol I have asked worse trust me!!!
I am pretty sure the relaxed ends break off eventually!!! HTH

They don't go anywhere. You cut them off gradually. Once the hair bonds are broken it's permanent. Relaxer does not wear off.

wow when I transitioned back three years ago all my relaxed ends broke off after a year !

where does your relaxed hair go when you grow it out? Like, does it disappear? (<-joking) I'm currently transitioning but I'm confused about where the relaxed hair goes. Please don't slaughter me ladies. . .

I think most of us have wondered about this until we were 'educated' :grin: I know during my transition, I had a handful of people who commented that my braids were a good way to help *turn* my hair back to natural. I actually had to explain this concept of "the ends [relaxed] were not going anywhere unless they were cut" to my husband literally 3 times and another 2 times to my mommy!

so all that to say..not a dumb question. and its better you ask so now when you hear others saying it- you can share the wealth of knowledge..too many of us relaxed ladies walking around thinking that water or braids or watever will *turn our hair back*. :spinning:

Yes its true they hang around until they break or are cut off. I am caring for two textures with my daughters hair. It has not grown out to a length where I am ready to cut yet. (I really wanted to take them all off, the dead ends) Soon I will begin to trim them away, fortunately, her ends are in great shape so we are just happily growing hair!

Back