This may be an obvious question but...

natieya

How do you condition your hair without getting it on your scalp? I have heard that getting conditioner on your scalp can lead to dandruff problems. I have been dealing with dandruff lately and want to try this. Any help/advise would be appreciated. Thanks! :weird:

I don't know if I don't get any on my scalp but apply from the ends up where as most of the conditioner applied is applied to my hair.

Good luck to you!

Hmm, I don't really apply condish with the thought of it not getting on my scalp but if you're trying to avoid it consider using an applicator brush:yep:

i usually..
section the hair
clip each section in place
pull each section away from my head then apply my conditioner that way (either by hand or applicator brush)

i do this also for prepooing b/c im starting to notice that whenever my prepoo or conditioner gets on my scalp, no matter how well i wash out, i still get slight buildup/flakes on my scalp afterwards.

I do what Poochie does. It's easier when I have braids. I've never thought of using an applicator brush. What a neat idea for when I'm not in braids! Thanks DivaRox and Poochie for that suggestion. :kiss:

Interesting! I never heard that. Since I started washing twice a week and avoiding certain chemicals in my products, I no longer get itchy, flaky scalp (seborrhea in my case).

Interesting! I never heard that. Since I started washing twice a week and avoiding certain chemicals in my products, I no longer get itchy, flaky scalp (seborrhea in my case).

Thank you to all of you with your helpful advise! Lavendar, what chemicals are best to avoid?

Well I know I get it on my scalp so after I shampoo and DC I fill a nozzled bottle up with plain water and directly rinse my scalp three times. This has really slowed my sister and I's problem with "dry patches". My coconut oil/tea tree oil concoction has helped with the dandruff but this helps with the residue of the shampoo and conditioner not being thoroughly rinsed.

OT...Lavender, your ponytail is beautiful. It looks so good that someone who didn't know might mistake it for a hairpiece.

Back