This may be a silly question but...

lveurslf

What is shoulder length technically? Is it when you've made it passed the neck length but before collar bone length or is it when you can stretch your hair to the shoulder?

To me, shoulder-length is when the longest section of hair touches the top of your shoulders when stretched/straightened.

BAILEYSCREAM said:
Shoulder length, to me, is when the hair sits on your shoulders.

Yeah me too. The longest part of my hair in back is closer to brastrap when stretched but I don't consider myself brastrap when the front only reaches shoulder length.

For me...its when your hair is comfortable at your shoulders....ie that one piece thats longer than the rests doesn't count.....I don't really claim shoulder length now b/c my sides are wayyy to short. I think I just have fat hunch back neck lenght hair.

senimoni said:
For me...its when your hair is comfortable at your shoulders....ie that one piece thats longer than the rests doesn't count.....I don't really claim shoulder length now b/c my sides are wayyy to short. I think I just have fat hunch back neck lenght hair.

I have to agree. I don't consider myself shoulder length just yet even though it hits the top of my shoulders. I was reading some tips on the grow afro hair long website and a good tip was that you shouldn't wear your hair on your shoulders until it its like 3-4 inches past because it may be more prone to breakage at that length. I'm only like 1 1/2 past shoulder so until I get 2 more inches I won't claim shoulder length.

Back