This may be a silly ? but

CheerBear

Do you HAVE to wash with poo after doing a PRE POO treatment?? It is called pre shampoo after all, but I'm tryin to use shampoo not so often. Do any of you who actually pre treatments with oil/con combos just do CO washes afterwards?

I don't think it's a silly question. I am not quite sure either. I am very new to all this and only learned about CO washes and pre poo treatments from this board, but when I do a pre poo treatment I always use it to do shampoo although I don't see why u couldn't do a pre poo treatment and a CO wash of u wanted.

Thanks so much...you rock also..u ask great questions
up.gif
...I just wanna try to give back some of the help I have received on this board
smile.gif

I think it depends on what you use as a pre-shampoo treatment. When I do a pre-shampoo, I apply oils to my scalp for a massage, and I may use a concoction with a heavy oil like castor oil on my hair. Now since I'm one of those pple who'd rather have nothing on my hair (except an aqua spritz of EOs and ACV) and who hates to have anything on the scalp, I have to use shampoo the morning following a pre-shampoo treatment.

Good question CheerBear! I prefer to do the pre-shampoo treatment on the days that I shampoo my hair, but I did it yesterday and followed up with a conditioner wash and it came out pretty well. So I guess you can really do either one.

I tried pre-treatment with condition washes and HATED it because my hair was too weighed down with zero body and bounce -- there was just too much oils and stuff left in there and I rewashed like the next day using 'poo and my bounce was back. IMO, if you condition wash, don't really need the pre-treatment becuase the conditioner itself is a treatment. I don't bother with pre-treats when I condition wash . . .

If I pretreat with hot oils, I will shampoo my hair otherwise it will be too heavy. Now if I use humectress, suave or any watery products I will just wash it out.
Hope it helps.

If I do a pre-poo (with oils or oils mixed with cond.), I use conditioner to wash it out because I never use shampoo unless I am retouching (neutralizing shampoo).

It depends on the treatment. If I use regular conditioner, coconut milk or a light hot oil, no, a CW is fine. If it's something like Apretadora or a hot oil treatment w/Shea Butter and EVOO, my hair is way too heavy not to poo. So the poo, I do
smile.gif

I use oils for pre-poo treatments. The oil counteracts the drying effects of the shampoo. I wouldn't do a hot oil treatment before no pooing, though. I think it would be too difficult to get the excess out of my hair with conditioner alone, and possibly exacerbate build up problems.

Back